Manager-Financial Reporting – Holy Cross Health
For over 50 years, Holy Cross Health has continued to grow as a trusted provider of healthcare services in Montgomery County Maryland. Holy Cross Health has a long and successful record of setting goals and achieving our objectives to serve
our community. When you work with us, you join an organization focused on living its mission.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Reporting Manager to manage the general accounting function; gather/report accurate financial information, ensuring the accuracy of records and operation of accounting systems; complete financial reporting packages and financial statement analysis; and participate in hiring, training, managing, and evaluating accounting staff. With guidance from the Director, you will also provide vision and direction to the accounting staff, focusing on short- to mid-range (less than one year) projects and programs; and provide an environment where growth and development are encouraged.
-Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university.
-Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
-Minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience, preferably with a healthcare organization.
-Three (3) years of accounting staff management experience.
A career with Holy Cross Health also offers highly competitive compensation plus excellent benefits that include PTO, tuition assistance, and a 403[b] retirement
For complete details and to apply, please visit us online. https://jobs.trinity-health.org/search/jobdetails/manager-financial-reporting/9490f27e-8358-43b7-a8a6-3caaef1d04bc
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran. Pre-
employment drug/alcohol screening required. Smoke-Free Workplace.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), DHS Seeking Executive Director, Programming
The Executive Director, Programming, in the Office of Enterprise Services, is responsible for executive management of CBP’s financial resources by providing linkage and alignment of CBP’s resources to mission priorities and outcomes. Position oversees the agency’s development of a strategic programming framework and bringing deliberate order to the agency’s efforts in the programming processes. Develops a sustained resources programming capability to produce the annual programming document that drives efficiencies and translate DHS and CBP planning guidance into mission capabilities. Ensures programming efforts are aligned with CBP’s Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Accountability. Ensures outcome-focused performance measures form the basis for future resources allocation decision-making. $124,406-$187,000 per annum. Must be U.S. citizen and complete background investigation/drug test. Apply at USAJobs.gov – Job Ann EXSER/17-2015236-CBP; location: Washington, DC.
Résumés due October 29, 2017.
Partner with a public accounting firm in Annapolis serving the tri-city area in conjunction with a succession plan is seeking a CPA with six years experience and a masters in tax.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in Annapolis- the land of pleasant living. Send resume in strict confidence to email@example.com.
Suburban DC CPA Practice Seeking to Associate with Seasoned CPA
SUBURBAN DC CPA PRACTICE Retirement minded CPA (former Deloitte) with practice grossing $200K looking to associate with seasoned CPA having at least 10 years client contact and experience. Association will lead to favorable acquisition time frame and terms. Unqualified Peer Review in 2014. Professional practice with significant consulting revenue and NO payroll or bookkeeping. Very profitable. DIRECT INQUIRIES IN STRICT CONFIDENCE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO BROKERS.
Thinking of selling your practice?
– Accounting Practice Sales
Maryland Practices for Sale: gross revenues shown: Frederick CPA Practice $375K, (72%) tax, (28%) accounting/tax planning, cash flow over 50%; Central Frederick Co. CPA Practice $290K, (57%) audit/review, (43%) tax, cash flow over 40%. For more information please call (800) 397-0249. See nationwide listings and register for free email updates at www.APS.net.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR PRACTICE? Accounting Practice Sales is the leading marketer of tax and accounting practices in North America. We have a large pool of buyers, both individuals and firms, looking for practices to purchase. We also have the experience to help you find the right fit for your firm, negotiate the best price and terms and get the deal done. We welcome the opportunity to talk to you about our risk-free and confidential services. For more information please call Bradley Holmes with the APS Holmes Group at 1-800-397-0249 or email Bradley@APS.net.
VP Finance, Products – Enterprise Community (Columbia, MD)
Enterprise Community (“Enterprise”) is a family of companies whose mission is to create opportunity for low- and moderate-income people through affordable housing in diverse, thriving communities. Enterprise brings together the people and resources to create affordable housing and strong neighborhoods that provide opportunity for people. This is achieved through a combination of capital products, on-the-ground solutions, policy advocacy efforts and building partnerships and networks with other like-minded organizations.
Together, Enterprise and its partners have worked to transform some of America’s most distressed neighborhoods into communities of opportunity – places where families and children can thrive. Over the past three decades, Enterprise has facilitated public and private investment of more than $18 billion in low-income communities across the country – money spent to help build or preserve more than 350,000 affordable homes, create hundreds of thousands of jobs and improve countless lives. Today, Enterprise has total assets in excess of $700 million and net assets in excess of $250 million. Through its family of companies, Enterprise employees over 700 people in more than 25 states across the country. Most employees are located at its headquarters in Columbia, Maryland and in 10 other cities across the country. Annual revenues exceed $200 million.
Enterprise provides over $7 billion annually in equity and/or debt financing through its capital products. These products include equity financing utilizing low-income housing tax credits, new markets tax credits and investments in housing through a fund offering cash returns. Enterprise offers mortgage loans for multifamily housing and other community projects through Bellwether Enterprise and its community development financial institution (CDFI). In addition, Enterprise develops homes in the Mid-Atlantic region and asset manages more than 100,000 units of housing nationally.
Collectively, Enterprise advances its vision that one day, every person will have an affordable home in a vibrant community, filled with promise and the opportunity for a good life.
- Serve as a finance leader for Products, and partner to the Enterprise CFO, Board of Directors/Trustees, and the rest of the Products management team; playing an important role in enhancing the financial and operational performance of our product lines.
- Provide the CFO and management team with adequate, accurate and timely data and analysis to support strategic decision-making. This includes providing advice and information that helps the product lines operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Provide leadership and support to all financial and operational aspects of Enterprise product lines and related initiatives, including effectively guiding, supporting and monitoring all financial transactions; providing advice on business formation and structures; and analyzing tax planning strategies.
- Support the planning, analysis and efficient execution of the capital plan for products.
- Support the planning, analysis and efficient execution of acquisitions, lift-outs and other business opportunities that promote growth of the product lines.
- Support the CFO and the rest of the management team in evaluating strategic and operational opportunities and risks.
- Ensure an environment of unquestionable integrity and internal financial controls.
- Evaluate, strengthen, and manage prudent financial best practices for Enterprise products.
- Monitor financial performance of Products by measuring and analyzing financial and operational results and initiating required corrective actions.
- Manage the financial and tax reporting responsibilities for Products, as well as the financial fiduciary oversight of the Enterprise investment funds and partnerships to provide timely and relevant information to investment partners (currently this includes over 150 audits and tax returns)
- Participate on various committees – Investment, Dispositions, and Project Performance – ensuring strong fiduciary oversight of the responsibilities for each committee.
- Manage and oversee all financial systems and databases for Products, ensuring accurate and high quality data.
- Assist in the ongoing management and analysis of the organization’s portfolio of Products to properly balance mission and money related investments.
- Supervise, motivate, develop and enhance the performance of the accounting and finance teams for the various Product lines.
- Take a leading role in industry meetings and conferences.
- The successful candidate will have:
- A strong educational foundation; with a CPA and ideally, with a MBA or other advanced degree. Experience with a big four accounting team a plus.
- Sustained (10+ years) experience in a comparable VP Finance or other senior finance leadership role, preferably in an organization of comparable size and complexity as Enterprise, resulting in the development and implementation of effective financial management processes and operations.
- Demonstrated business acumen, a strategic mindset and a collaborative approach as a finance leader.
- Experience with real estate development or acquisitions required and mortgage/lending operations experience strongly desired.
- Experience in project management, organizational and analytical skills. Demonstrates attention to detail and “hands on” approach.
- Proven people-management experience with a track record of recruiting, developing, inspiring, retaining, building and leading a high-performing finance team.
- A proven track record in working well in a team-oriented environment with a willingness to collaborate and multitask.
- Strong change management acumen and the ability to lead multifaceted change with successful outcomes, including demonstrated ability to maximize finance and accounting software, IT systems and processes, and engage in reengineering business processes to fully leverage IT tools.
- A career-long reputation for integrity, accountability, sound judgment and transparency, which includes the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive and confidential information and meet commitments and deadlines.
- High energy, resiliency, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple priorities and make ongoing decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating ideas and information to diverse audiences. Possess the experience and confidence to interact with and present to senior level management and external constituencies.
- Currently living in or prepared to relocate to the Columbia, MD area for this unique career opportunity.