UMMS Seeking Director of Tax Advisory Compliance Service
UMMS is comprised of 12 hospitals and is one of the largest private, nonprofit health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region. We are currently seeking a Director of Tax Advisory Compliance Service to join our team in Linthicum Heights, MD.
The Director of Tax Advisory Compliance Service is primarily responsible for ensuring compliance with all external taxing authorities (Federal, State & Local) for all entities in the University of Maryland Medical System, as well as, safeguarding its IRS Section 501(c)(3) tax exemptions. Under general supervision, the Director designs, reviews, modifies, and implements procedures as part of an overall maintenance of the IRC Section 501(c)(3) and non-profit foundation status of UMMS’ tax-exempt affiliates, mitigating possible unrelated business income tax exposure to those affiliates, as well as, assess compliance with appropriate federal, state and local tax laws and regulations in the area of income, sales, real & personal property and payroll for both tax-exempt and taxable affiliates of UMMS.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Taxation, Accounting, Finance or equivalent is required. Master’s degree in Taxation is required. CPA is preferred.
- Seven (7) years progressively responsible tax experience, or equivalent, is required. In addition, five years supervisory/management experience is required.
To learn more and to apply, visit http://jobs.umms.org/ShowJob/Id/1204314/Director-of-Tax-Advisory-Compliance-Service-UMMS/.
UMMS is proud to support an environment of diversity and encourages inquiry from all applicants. EOE
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/g4324yskjn6htjby
Annapolis Practice Seeking Experienced Tax Professional
MARYLAND CPA FIRM ESTABLISHED OVER 40 YEARS – Annapolis based practice wishes to bring aboard an experienced tax professional. This small (six-person) team has a retirement-reminded partner and is now reaching out to a practitioner with an eye toward principal status. Our preference leans towards an experienced practitioner that may have a modest or small-sized client base and wishes to achieve stability with a quality, peer-reviewed, and well established accounting firm.
CBM Seeking Automotive Tax Professional
AUTOMOTIVE TAX PROFESSIONAL
Since 1921, CBM has provided audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to a variety of clients in the Washington, DC and Baltimore areas, as well as around the Mid-Atlantic region. Now in our fifth generation of leadership, we pride ourselves on our technical expertise, our experience with privately held businesses, and our specialized industry experience in the automotive, construction, professional services and not-for-profit arenas. CBM has offices in Bethesda, MD and Washington, DC.
This opportunity is in our automotive services group. Our automotive clients represent a wide range of companies from single locations to large dealer alliances and auto-related businesses. Our specialty in auto, heavy-duty and light truck, motorcycle and RV dealership accounting, auditing, tax and operational consulting services has developed and evolved over almost 100 years.
At CBM, it is our goal to hire talented, energetic people who are enthusiastic about what they do. We offer a mentorship program to encourage individuals to grow professionally and develop in their careers. CBM offers today’s accounting professionals opportunity for advancement in a fast-paced environment that allows both for professional success and work-life balance.
We are currently seeking a dedicated professional with 6+ years of public accounting experience to work primarily on financial, tax and review engagements for our automotive clients. You will plan, supervise and review the engagements as well as review and supervise preparation of federal and state returns for the individual owners of these businesses. You will develop relationships with clients in the automotive industry niche and participate in business development activities. Additional services will include tax planning and research and participation in consulting engagements.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA license and experience reviewing financial statements and tax returns for clients in the automotive industry. A Master’s degree in taxation is a plus. Demonstrated ability to lead and develop professional staff is a must. Ability to manage multiple client engagements and prioritize work is essential to success in this position. You must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
CBM offers a diverse, flexible work environment and we are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, growth opportunity and a team-oriented office environment.
If you are looking to grow your career with a successful CPA firm and believe you would be an asset to our team, please submit your qualifications to Kristen Hartman at email@example.com.
CBM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SB & Company, LLC, Seeking Audit Manager and Audit Senior
APPLY TODAY! firstname.lastname@example.org
SB & Company, LLC is currently conducting a search to fill key AUDIT MANAGER and AUDIT SENIOR opportunities available within our firm. Consider transferring to an environment where you can make an impact and feel both encouraged and valued. We offer a culture of outstanding opportunity, with a very strong training and development program. SBC offers challenging work and an exceptional culture that focuses on providing a positive work-life balance. We offer a successful and growing firm with a very attractive compensation and full benefit package, continued professional education, and a 401K program.
Positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or a closely related field. Positions are available in the headquartered location in Hunt Valley, MD, as well as the Washington DC office. This work requires the ability to work under pressure, including the ability to communicate with a high degree of confidence. Note that SB & Company, LLC enjoys a multicultural business environment. Must have reliable transportation. A minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education each year is required and provided by the firm.
AUDIT MANAGERS: A current valid CPA license is required; must be in good standing with the MACPA. Must have 5 years’ current experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope and number of engagements managed. Project management skills, as well as strong technical skills are required.
AUDIT SENIORS: A CPA or demonstrated progress toward obtaining CPA certification. Must have 2+ years public accounting experience as an Audit professional, with at least one year “in-charging” audit engagements. Successful final candidates will be able to discuss their strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Wilson Technologies Seeking Senior Accountant Manager
Senior Accountant Manager
Wilson Technologies, Inc. has an exciting opportunity available for a hands-on Account Manager. The successful candidate will manage the daily operations of the accounting department, monitor and analyze accounting data, produce financial reports or statements and ensure proper accounting methods, policies and principles are followed as required by a federal government contractor.
Click here to view a full position description.
This is a full-time non-exempt position located in Silver Spring, MD and requires no travel. Compensation is 80,000 – $90,000 based on experience. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Wilson Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Submit a PDF version of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com; use “Senior Accounting Manager” in the subject line.
U.S. Customs & Border Protection Seeking Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Finance
Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Finance (DAC)
U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP), DHS
DAC/Deputy Chief Financial Officer (DCFO) supports AC/CFO in managing all budgetary and finance-related matters for CBP. Lead financial control over CBP; establish/maintain controls to prevent waste, fraud, abuse; provide strategic direction for improvements/modernization; oversee appropriations justifications/estimates; participate in exec boards and trade groups; develop/maintain partnerships within CBP plus Congress, other agencies and professional groups. $124,406-$187,000+bonuses. Must be U.S. citizen and complete background investigation/drug test. Apply at USAJobs.gov – Job Annc #EXSER/17-1968511-CBP; location: Washington, DC. Resumes due 6/26/17.
University of Maryland College Park Seeking Accountant
The University System of Maryland Office (USMO) invites applications and nominations for the Exempt Staff position of Accountant. The accountant is a key member of the Comptroller’s staff within the central office of the University System of Maryland (USM).
The position’s primary responsibilities include basic accounting functions including processing of transactions, journal entries, and individual account monitoring and reconciliation. Support in preparing of System-wide financial reporting objectives including the audited financial statements, the unrelated business income tax return and compilation of the Schedule of federal Awards for use in preparing the State of Maryland Single Audit report. Provide support and advice on appropriate responses to the findings of the Office of Legislative Audits, both for the System office as well as facilitation institutional responses and follow-up on inquiries associated with their legislative audits.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 24 or more semester hours or 36 quarter hours in required subject matter appropriate or required for admission to the CPA exam. Basic understanding of relationships in a set of financial statements, understanding of the hierarchy of generally accepted accounting principles, understanding of effective internal controls, and an interest and willingness to learn and provide advice on financial reporting and internal control issues associated with public higher education. A preferred candidate will have a CPA, one to two year’s work experience with public accounting, excellent written and oral communication skills required to communicate information needs and financial reporting concepts to others with widely varying understanding of issues.
Applications received by Friday, June 16th 2017 will be given priority consideration. All other resumes will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft word document to the following email address;
The University System of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The USM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran’s status, or age in its programs and activities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Multiple Opportunities – Askey Askey & Associates CPA, LLC
Multiple opportunities have been created for tax professionals who are CPAs or CPA candidates with CPA firm experience. One opening requires 5 or more years of public accounting firm tax experience as well as supervisory experience. This position offers near term if not immediate manager level responsibilities and compensation. The second opening requires 2-5 years public accounting firm tax experience. Auditing experience is a plus for both positions, but not a requirement. Our firm offers a full range of employee benefits and growth opportunities to our Team Members. If you would like to discuss your future with our firm, please contact us by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thinking of selling your practice?
– Accounting Practice Sales
Maryland Practices for Sale: gross revenues shown: Frederick CPA Practice $375K, (72%) tax, (28%) accounting/tax planning, cash flow over 50%; Central Frederick Co. CPA Practice $290K, (57%) audit/review, (43%) tax, cash flow over 40%. For more information please call (800) 397-0249. See nationwide listings and register for free email updates at www.APS.net.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR PRACTICE? Accounting Practice Sales is the leading marketer of tax and accounting practices in North America. We have a large pool of buyers, both individuals and firms, looking for practices to purchase. We also have the experience to help you find the right fit for your firm, negotiate the best price and terms and get the deal done. We welcome the opportunity to talk to you about our risk-free and confidential services. For more information please call Bradley Holmes with the APS Holmes Group at 1-800-397-0249 or email Bradley@APS.net.
VP Finance, Products – Enterprise Community (Columbia, MD)
Enterprise Community (“Enterprise”) is a family of companies whose mission is to create opportunity for low- and moderate-income people through affordable housing in diverse, thriving communities. Enterprise brings together the people and resources to create affordable housing and strong neighborhoods that provide opportunity for people. This is achieved through a combination of capital products, on-the-ground solutions, policy advocacy efforts and building partnerships and networks with other like-minded organizations.
Together, Enterprise and its partners have worked to transform some of America’s most distressed neighborhoods into communities of opportunity – places where families and children can thrive. Over the past three decades, Enterprise has facilitated public and private investment of more than $18 billion in low-income communities across the country – money spent to help build or preserve more than 350,000 affordable homes, create hundreds of thousands of jobs and improve countless lives. Today, Enterprise has total assets in excess of $700 million and net assets in excess of $250 million. Through its family of companies, Enterprise employees over 700 people in more than 25 states across the country. Most employees are located at its headquarters in Columbia, Maryland and in 10 other cities across the country. Annual revenues exceed $200 million.
Enterprise provides over $7 billion annually in equity and/or debt financing through its capital products. These products include equity financing utilizing low-income housing tax credits, new markets tax credits and investments in housing through a fund offering cash returns. Enterprise offers mortgage loans for multifamily housing and other community projects through Bellwether Enterprise and its community development financial institution (CDFI). In addition, Enterprise develops homes in the Mid-Atlantic region and asset manages more than 100,000 units of housing nationally.
Collectively, Enterprise advances its vision that one day, every person will have an affordable home in a vibrant community, filled with promise and the opportunity for a good life.
- Serve as a finance leader for Products, and partner to the Enterprise CFO, Board of Directors/Trustees, and the rest of the Products management team; playing an important role in enhancing the financial and operational performance of our product lines.
- Provide the CFO and management team with adequate, accurate and timely data and analysis to support strategic decision-making. This includes providing advice and information that helps the product lines operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Provide leadership and support to all financial and operational aspects of Enterprise product lines and related initiatives, including effectively guiding, supporting and monitoring all financial transactions; providing advice on business formation and structures; and analyzing tax planning strategies.
- Support the planning, analysis and efficient execution of the capital plan for products.
- Support the planning, analysis and efficient execution of acquisitions, lift-outs and other business opportunities that promote growth of the product lines.
- Support the CFO and the rest of the management team in evaluating strategic and operational opportunities and risks.
- Ensure an environment of unquestionable integrity and internal financial controls.
- Evaluate, strengthen, and manage prudent financial best practices for Enterprise products.
- Monitor financial performance of Products by measuring and analyzing financial and operational results and initiating required corrective actions.
- Manage the financial and tax reporting responsibilities for Products, as well as the financial fiduciary oversight of the Enterprise investment funds and partnerships to provide timely and relevant information to investment partners (currently this includes over 150 audits and tax returns)
- Participate on various committees – Investment, Dispositions, and Project Performance – ensuring strong fiduciary oversight of the responsibilities for each committee.
- Manage and oversee all financial systems and databases for Products, ensuring accurate and high quality data.
- Assist in the ongoing management and analysis of the organization’s portfolio of Products to properly balance mission and money related investments.
- Supervise, motivate, develop and enhance the performance of the accounting and finance teams for the various Product lines.
- Take a leading role in industry meetings and conferences.
- The successful candidate will have:
- A strong educational foundation; with a CPA and ideally, with a MBA or other advanced degree. Experience with a big four accounting team a plus.
- Sustained (10+ years) experience in a comparable VP Finance or other senior finance leadership role, preferably in an organization of comparable size and complexity as Enterprise, resulting in the development and implementation of effective financial management processes and operations.
- Demonstrated business acumen, a strategic mindset and a collaborative approach as a finance leader.
- Experience with real estate development or acquisitions required and mortgage/lending operations experience strongly desired.
- Experience in project management, organizational and analytical skills. Demonstrates attention to detail and “hands on” approach.
- Proven people-management experience with a track record of recruiting, developing, inspiring, retaining, building and leading a high-performing finance team.
- A proven track record in working well in a team-oriented environment with a willingness to collaborate and multitask.
- Strong change management acumen and the ability to lead multifaceted change with successful outcomes, including demonstrated ability to maximize finance and accounting software, IT systems and processes, and engage in reengineering business processes to fully leverage IT tools.
- A career-long reputation for integrity, accountability, sound judgment and transparency, which includes the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive and confidential information and meet commitments and deadlines.
- High energy, resiliency, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple priorities and make ongoing decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating ideas and information to diverse audiences. Possess the experience and confidence to interact with and present to senior level management and external constituencies.
- Currently living in or prepared to relocate to the Columbia, MD area for this unique career opportunity.