Controller – Ausley Associates
· Oversee and manage all general ledger activity, reporting systems, and adherence to GAAP standards
· Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, payroll processing, and payroll tax compliance
· Execute and supervise all basic accounting functions to include: payroll, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other responsibilities as needed
· Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
· Apply generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures
· Prepare company forecasts and budgets
· Prepare cost submissions in support of DCAA, and other government audits
· Establish provisional billing rates\
· Avoid legal challenges by complying with legal requirements
· Respond to CEO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate their financial needs.
· Liaison with external auditors, bank representatives, and corporate consultant CPAs and financial advisors
· Demonstrated ability to establish, track, and meet deadlines for oneself and a supporting team
· Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures and US GAAP
· Working knowledge of the FAR, JTR, and IRS rules and regulations
· Proficiency with accounting software systems, experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
· BS in Finance or Accounting, MBA is preferred
· CPA certification is greatly desired
· Minimum 10 years of experience working in an accounting office of a government contractor with 7+ years of supervisory experience
Accounting Manager – Kent County Government (Chestertown MD)
• Prepare monthly financial statements and variance analysis for elected officials
• Participate in annual budget process (analyze and assist with department requests, develop projections, prepare presentations for management, prepare budget documents).
• Participate in annual audit (prepare workpapers, prepare CAFR schedules and footnotes, coordinate with auditors).
• Supervise payroll function and staff.
Details about open positions and application can be found online at kentcounty.com.
Accounting Professional – Interior Design Firm Located in Greenspring Valley, Lutherville
Senior Accountant – Varen Technologies (Columbia, MD Headquarters)
Please submit resumes:
- Cyber Solutions
- Strategic Management & SETA
- Software & IT Solutions
- Intel Analysis
- Military Health Programs
Team Varen is seeking a Senior Accountant to bring their A-game. Must be strong analytical Accountant well- versed in all aspects of Government Cost Accounting. This role will be responsible for all accounting functions to include the monthly closing process for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Labor Distribution, Payroll, Monthly Journal Entries, General Ledger, Fixes Assets and Cash Management functions. Candidate will possess keen insight into reconciling and researching accounting and financial transactions, while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
records and all aspects of the General Ledger, such as:
- Reconciling Accounts Receivables to ensure accuracy of invoicing to customers.
- Reconciling Labor Distribution to ensure accuracy of salaries paid to employees.
- Organizing and logging all computer-generated and manual checks to include reimbursements to employees.
- Preparing monthly schedules for accrual and deferred expenses and journal entries.
- Preparing the reconciliation of monthly bank statements.
- Monitoring fixed assets and depreciation on a quarterly basis.
- Preparing of Sales and Use tax returns on a quarterly basis and assisting with other tax-related matters as necessary.
- Instituting and maintaining internal control procedures in Accounting to ensure regulatory compliance.
Assisting Varen Technologies CFO with Accounting and Finance functions as necessary, such as:
- Preparing of company budgets and financial forecasts;
- Preparing and distributing the quarterly financial review package;
- Responding to ad-hoc financial reporting as it relates to inquiries/requests from customers internally and externally in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or related field with equivalent work experience) required.
- CPA REQUIRED.
- Five or more years of experience with at least two years of experience in Defense Government
- Contracting environment required.
- Knowledge of Government Cost Accounting, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and familiarity with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA).
- Working knowledge of accounting and timekeeping systems; experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL and Unanet preferred.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel and spreadsheet analysis
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels within the
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a “deadline driven” environment during the closing process.
Potomac Institute for Policy Studies – Controller
Potomac Institute for Policy Studies, an established Not for Profit/Government Contractor based in Arlington, VA seeks to hire a Hands on Controller to join its team. The Controller’s activities will be centered on the day to day Accounting Operations and will require working independently in a fast-paced environment. The Controller will work closely with the Executive Team and reports directly to the CEO and Chairman of the Board.
• Manage daily operations of the Finance Department and staff
• Oversee and manage all general ledger activity
• Oversee time and expense entries in Deltek T&E
• Payroll processing using ADP with Deltek interface • Manage billing and accounts receivable, accounts payable, disbursements, and general accounting functions in Deltek Costpoint 7.1
• Maintenance of appropriate audit trails; complying with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Assist with bid and proposal preparation and submission
• Assist in the preparation of the DCAA annual incurred cost rate proposal
• Arrange and prepare for annual Financial audit
• Other duties, assignments and responsibilities to be determined by the CEO and other Corporate Officers
• Mastery of Deltek Costpoint 7.1. Current experience is essential
• 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management • Certified Public Accountant • 10+ years of progressive accounting experience with a Federal government contractor, including experience with T&M, cost plus and firm fixed price contracts
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Deltek Costpoint 7.1, T&E and COGNOS reporting • Ability to troubleshoot items such as cost pool setup, revenue calculations, and billing calculations, etc.
• Cordinate and ensure the appropriate level of Deltek training for all employees. Will be required to train employees as needed • Very good communication and interpersonal skills, including effective and tactful verbal and written communication • Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
Applicant selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Competitive salary
• Excellent benefits including health, dental, 403(b), life, etc.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send your resume to HR@potomacinstitute.org. Please include your salary requirements in your response.
Anne Arundel Community College
Anne Arundel Community College, School of Business and Law, seeks a full-time Instructor/Assistant Professor. A proven ability to teach college-level account and finance course and current experience with a range of computer applications in accounting and statistics is required. Additionally, excellence in oral, written and interpersonal communication skills is expected. Teaching assignments of 15 faculty load hours per semester will primarily include courses in Financial and Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2, and additional upper level accounting courses. In addition to instructional responsibilities, the faculty member will have a major role in curriculum development, assessment strategies, outcomes measurement, special events, partnerships, and academic advising. Rank and salary are dependent on qualifications. Candidate must have a CPA and Master’s degree or MBA with a concentration in accounting or finance and some teaching experience.
For more information or to apply, please visit https://careers.aacc.edu
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CIVIC WORKS DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Position title: Director of Finance (Full-time)
Supervisory responsibilities: Supervise two staff members, HR/Payroll Coordinator and Accounting Assistant
Budget responsibilities: Responsible for devising and tracking annual budget
Reports to: Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Director of Finance as a member of the senior management team is responsible for all matters relating to the finances of Civic Works, a $10+ million community service organization that also operates a City School. These responsibilities include financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and benefit administration, budgeting, risk management, and several others as described below.
• Responsible for monthly close, account analysis, and oversee bank and credit card reconciliations. Prepare necessary journal entries including fringe, insurance and overhead G&A allocations.
• Prepare reports for bi-weekly finance meeting and discuss status of cash, accounts receivable, and other balance sheet accounts. Discuss status of profit and loss by program and funder. Discuss open AR invoices, solicit help in resolving those over 60 days.
• Maintain general ledger activity for multiple federal, state and private grants. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports as required by grant terms including required back-up.
• Prepare for and discuss financial reports at Board Finance Committee meetings and Board of Director meetings
• Responsible for overseeing Accounting Assistant who will enter all private, foundation, corporate, government and service fee invoices on a monthly, quarterly or as needed basis.
• Responsible for overseeing Accounting Assistant who will enter all payable invoices and credit card receipts into Intacct and prepare checks for signature and mailing or distribution
• Oversee reconciliation of credit card statements in Intacct
• Each Wednesday, select bills to be paid, and print checks
• At year end, prepare and send 1099 and 1096 forms as required
HR and Payroll Administration:
• Responsible for supervising HR/Payroll Coordinator who processes payroll
• Oversee all personnel inquiries, tax filings, insurance and benefit renewals and other payroll and HR matters
• At year end, with HR/Payroll Coordinator, manage ACA reporting as required
• Prepare annual organization and salary budget
• Prepare all AmeriCorps budgets
• Prepare and/or review all program budgets
• Ensure budget is entered into Accounting System
• Maintain all banking relationships. Monitor cash balances to ensure cash is available to meet short term needs
• Manage line of credit renewal
• Monitor online account activity
• Maintain relationship with auditors, prepare for and oversee all program, governmental and year-end audits
• Prepare information requested by accounting firm for 990 preparation
• Oversee all general liability, auto, director/officers, and employee related insurance matters, oversee Workers Comp and Accident Insurance (AmeriCorps members) claims process Clifton Mansion QALICB LLC and Clifton Mansion Master Tenant
• Responsible for transactional data, account reconciliations, banking, annual audits, consolidation into Civic Works, and ensuring conditions of operating agreements are met
• Prepare random drug test sampling selection
• Conduct new employee orientation
• Maintain capital equipment ledgers
• Maintain vehicle, leases and contract files
• Maintain accounting computer systems
• Maintain and update accounting policies
• Prepare for and attend all Board, Board Finance Committee and internal Finance meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be a degreed Accountant, and CPA and at least two years’ experience with non-profits is strongly preferred.
To apply, or for more information cmail Hr@civicworks.com
Manager: Kenneally & Company
Manager: Exceptional Towson CPA firm of energetic and highly motivated professionals seeks like-minded individual who has excelled in public accounting.
CPA with 8+ yrs public accounting experience providing accounting, tax and consulting services to business clients. Expertise in compilations, reviews and business tax returns required. Familiarity with ProSystem Engagement and ProSystem Fx Tax is a plus.
We offer challenging work, limited overtime, flexible work schedule, and excellent compensation and benefits, including an incentive based comp plan.
Send resume to:
Kenneally & Company
660 Kenilworth Drive, Suite 101
Towson, MD 21204
Fax: (410) 321-9809
Are you an innovative thinker and team manager looking for a challenging opportunity with a growing firm? Then let’s talk!
As a member of RS&F’s Tax Department team, you will:
- Be empowered to work directly with clients, partners and senior staff to provide a broad spectrum of tax and related consulting services.
- Participate in a unique client-based approach, providing access to primary client account activity as well as work on underlying entities, trusts, and individual tax returns.
- Interact with our Accounting and Auditing Department on engagements that span both groups.
- Be valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader and recognized for your accomplishments.
- Have the opportunity to work with a diverse client base.
- Be headquartered in either our Baltimore (Owings Mills) or Columbia, MD offices
- Serve as the Engagement Manager on specific tax client accounts, taking responsibility for planning, execution, final deliverable and billing and collections.
- Review complex individual, partnership, S and C corporate tax returns, as well as nonprofit and trust tax returns and work papers using ProSystems Tax and Engagement.
- Develop a detailed tax engagement work plan, including budgets and timeline for delivery.
- Monitor project status against the budget and communicate schedule adjustments to management.
- Effectively analyze client transactions and unusual situations with a level of complexity in incorporating the tax effect of the transaction or situation.
- Recognize and resolve potential and/or existing problems with appropriate tax research and consulting, if necessary, using various tax research platforms.
- Maintain lines of communication with both staff and clients to address client concerns and identify opportunities to increase level and type of services.
- Work closely with clients and partners within our client-based approach to provide outstanding client service and to build client confidence in and trust for firm services.
- Take responsibility for subordinates’ activities and chargeability, including effective delegation of work to staff.
- Develop team processes and systems to improve the productivity and growth of the business.
- Develop subordinates’ technical and industry skills and encourage growth.
- Lead by example through demonstration of initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS/BA Accounting; Masters in Taxation preferred
- CPA required
- 6+ years with public accounting firm experience with tax focus
- Be a team player and willing to roll up their sleeves if needed
- Proactive problem solver with analytical skills
- Self-motivated with excellent follow through on assigned duties
- Solid communication skills
- ProSystems Tax, tax research software, and Engagement experience
RS&F is a growing regional full-service business consulting, accounting, auditing, and tax firm, with offices in in Owings Mills and Columbia, Maryland. As members of one of the Top 20 firms in our region, our team of professionals assists clients in charting a course for success and serve as our clients’ trusted advisor. Since its inception, RS&F has differentiated itself by providing innovative business consulting services as well as traditional accounting services. RS&F’s staff is trained in the most up-to-date industry knowledge and best practices. We pride ourselves on providing close, personalized attention to our clients while offering a wide range of resources and extensive business network.
RS&F prides itself on an employee culture of independence, empowerment, opportunity, and flexibility. Associates work with multiple managers to prepare and complete client assignments, affording them the opportunity to learn from staff with varying degrees of experience and expertise.
EXECUTIVE & EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION CONSULTANT
Trusted Advisor to Owners, Board Compensation Committees and CEOs regarding competitive base pay and incentive compensation levels, plans and practices. Extensive corporate and consulting experience for non-profit and for-profit organizations. DAVE RYAN, CPA, CCP, JD 1206 Merediths Ford Road, Towson, MD 21286. (443) 377-3166. References upon request.
Visit website at www.CompensationGPS.com.
The Accountant will be an integral part of the Enterprise Finance team. This position will report to the Assistant Controller, and will assist with a variety of corporate accounting related functions. The Accountant will handle the processing cash receipts, maintain our fixed asset system, assist with payroll related accounting and employee time reporting, prepare bank reconciliations, assist accounts payable by overseeing vendor setup and maintenance and perform ad hoc analysis. Additionally, the Accountant will assist with financial close tasks including account reconciliation and financial reporting. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, effective part of the Finance team. This position requires excellent organizational, analytical, computer, and prioritization skills, and the ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Monitor all bank accounts and ensuring that all receipts are timely and accurately recorded.
Process credit card payments received from donors using credit card processing software.
Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and recording any related journal entries.
Responsible for vendor set up and maintenance in the accounts payable module.
Maintain fixed asset database. This includes managing the full fixed asset cycle, including recording additions, disposals, monthly depreciation and preparing depreciation reports for financial reporting and tax reporting.
Work with the Assistant Controller, Controller and Director on the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial closes. This includes the preparation of analyses, reconciliations, journal entries and assisting with preparation of financial reports.
Support the Payroll Finance team by taking primary responsibility for monitoring and following up with employees and supervisors to ensure employee time is reported and approved in the PeopleSoft Timesheet System in a timely manner each pay period.
Assist with timesheet training for all employees, research of admin time code issues, and billing of shared staff services between Enterprise entities.
Assist with various other payroll department related accounting tasks including reconciling payroll general ledger accounts, making journal entries to PeopleSoft to record payroll related items, and other tasks as assigned. Maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with payroll information.
Assist with the annual financial audit. This includes preparation of audit schedules, answering auditor questions regarding cash receipts and fixed assets, providing audit support, etc.
Assist in the maintenance of accounting files.
Complete other ad hoc tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA designation, or working towards designation a plus.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in corporate accounting environment preferred, will consider strong entry-level candidates w/ Accounting degree
- Proficient with Excel and Word and ability to quickly learn new software and systems required.
- Experience with accounting systems preferred, experience with PeopleSoft a plus.
- Strong organizational skills; able to work with supervisor to coordinate and prioritize complex activities with conflicting demands to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be self motivated and dependable, displaying initiative to take on more responsibility and question the status quo.
- Able to work effectively both independently and in team environments.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics and professionalism, and understand how to work with confidential information.
- This position requires mandatory overtime as directed and approved by direct manager.
- Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Ability to work under stress/pressure.
Division Controller – Charles E. Smith Life Communities
Charles E. Smith Life Communities (CESLC) is seeking an experienced Controller to join our team and manage financial operations for the largest entity in our organization, the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington. CESLC is a non-profit organization of national stature, located on a beautiful 38-acre campus in Rockville, MD. The financially strong organization serves 1,100 older adults and employs approximately 1,100 team members.
The Division Controller develops, recommends, implements and directs accounting related operational policies, procedures and services for the Division. The Division Controller has overall responsibility as it relates to the Division for (1) the preparation, review, analysis and communication of monthly financial statements, reports and analysis, (2) managing and coordinating the annual audit and budget processes, (3) tax reporting and periodic government informational surveys, (4) review and evaluation of internal controls and processes, (5) financial presentations to management, Boards and Committees, (6) line of business cost, rate and margin analysis for existing and proposed lines of business, and (7) directing, coaching and verifying the activities of assigned staff to meet departmental and CESLC goals. The Division Controller is responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing accounting operations human capital and systems infrastructure.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, and 5 to 7 years of relevant management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Healthcare experience and CPA required, active status preferred.
• Public accounting experience preferred.
• Consolidation experience preferred.
• Must be proficient in EXCEL and Word in a Windows environment and have a working knowledge of general ledger processing.
• Must have the ability to lead and inspire others, create a work environment that is conducive to productivity and goal attainment and possess strong analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, customer service and communication skills; be self-motivated and have a sound work ethic.
Charles E. Smith Life Communities offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including health, pension and flexible spending plans, various scholarships and tuition reimbursement. Submit resume and salary requirements to:
DIRECTOR OF SEC MANAGEMENT REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
(Dover or Newark, Delaware)
T.H. Easter Consulting has been retained to find a Director of SEC Management Reporting and Analysis for one of our Top Delaware Clients. This role is responsible for directing and managing the SEC and Management Reporting function within Accounting. Oversees the research and reporting done by the team in regards to SEC reporting and GAAP research. Reports and reviews the results with senior management. Responsible for guiding subordinate staff on issues pertaining to SEC reporting. Partners with senior leaders in other finance/accounting areas to support complex business transactions.
• Directs and controls the SEC Reporting group’s activities, including overseeing and/or performing technical accounting research using the accounting standards codification. Ensures compliance with accounting principles and adherence with company policy.
• Works closely with Business units to drive analysis and provide leadership in Management reporting including standardization and streamlining of existing reporting and processes
• Establishes project teams, assigns responsibilities, and facilitates meetings as needed to ensure timely goal attainment.
• Mentors, coaches, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; builds morale and motivation. May be responsible for managing retained and outsourced staff and for providing successful service levels according to the defined Statement of Work established by the Company’s management team.
• Prepares management reporting/analysis and participates in presenting results to senior management on items regarding SEC reporting and GAAP research.
• Oversees the preparation of purchase price allocations to value the assets and liabilities of acquired businesses.
• Oversees the performance of the annual goodwill impairment testing for the company’s reporting units and overall control premium assessment.
• Works closely with Financial policy team to assist is developing financial policies and implementation of such policies
• Oversees and prepares whitepapers to establish and support the company’s accounting conclusions.
• Reviews reports supporting internal and external audits. Works with internal and external auditors to communicate the company’s accounting positions and conclusions.
• Partners with leaders in M&A and Tax departments on complex business transactions including full and partial acquisitions and divestitures.
• Leads Accounting Managers or other support staff as necessary for department operations. Builds employee engagement, morale and motivation.
• 5-10 years of previous related accounting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA a preferred
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Utility experience required
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Please visit www.theasterconsulting.com to apply.
DIRECTOR OF FIXED ASSET ACCOUNTING (Dover or Newark, Delaware)
T.H. Easter Consulting has been retained to find a Director of Fixed Asset Accounting for one of our Top Delaware Clients. This position will be responsible for the management of the fixed asset accounting team supporting the various business units. This position must have an understanding of the Uniform System of Accounts as set forth in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and be able to apply and ensure compliance with the rules and regulations set for by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that the financial statements of the Company as it relates to the disciplines outlined above are maintained and in compliance with GAAP and regulatory agencies. This position will interface with many of the Company’s business units both in the role of accounting oversight and in optimizing accounting processes and therefore the ability to interact with and represent the Accounting department will be critical.
• Ensure that the Company’s plant assets are being recorded in compliance with GAAP and the governing regulatory agencies such as Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
• Direct and guide the activities of the team. This includes ensuring that work is appropriately delegated, prioritized and reviewed. Additionally, this position must be able to motivate and develop staff while working within a fast paced environment.
• Ensure that the controls are in place to monitor the recording of Capital and Operations and Maintenance activities.
• Ensure that SOX processes are being maintained and that there is full compliance with these processes.
• Provide timely and accurate reporting to management and perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as requested by management in a timely manner.
• Provide support for rate cases as needed. Requires the ability to analyze, think tactically and respond to discovery requests that may arise.
• Ensure that regulatory reporting are completed and reviewed by appropriate management to provide for timely filings.
• Ability to collaborate with multiple business units to provide guidance and support as it relates to accounting matters.
• Ensure that asset accounting policies and guidance are properly communicated and understood by the Business Units that will utilize them.
• Provide consultation services to Business Units and others as needed on accounting matters, including strategies related to the appropriate classification of Capital and O&M.
• Review and approve monthly journal entries as required.
• Ensure that audits being performed by internal, external or regulatory auditors related to the above activities are being addressed in a timely manner and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner and are elevated to management as appropriate.
• Ensure that the entire process, data flows and all relevant financials systems are properly designed, managed and controlled to ensure that asset accounting is performed in accordance with all statutory requirements and that the business can access and analyze the information out of these systems in order to optimize business results.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting
2. 5-10 years of relevant accounting experience
3. CPA, preferred
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
5. Utility experience required
6. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
7. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Please visit www.theasterconsulting.com to apply.
Part-Time Experienced Staff Accountant – The Carson Scholars Fund
The Carson Scholars Fund, a national nonprofit organization has an immediate opening for a part-time experienced staff accountant. Ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting and be proficient with QuickBooks. Minimum of 3 years’ accounting experience preferably at a nonprofit and excellent attention to detail a must. Duties will include general accounting, account reconciliation, preparation of quarterly financial statements, assisting with year-end close and annual audit process. To view posting visit http://carsonscholars.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Accountant-Job-Description.pdf. Interested persons should forward a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audit Manager – Enterprise Community Investment. Columbia, Maryland
We are looking for an experienced Audit Manager to join the Audit & Management Services (AMS) team. The Audit manager Plans, directs and performs audits, reviews and investigations of all financial, compliance, operational and information technology (IT) operations throughout the organization. This individual should have experience working independently or as a member of an audit team and will monitor the status and completion of all audit issues raised & recommendations made within internal and external audits throughout all organization. The Audit Manager provides technical assistance or advice when needed to other AMS or Enterprise staff and coordinates with external auditors to exchange information and provide review assistance.
- Directs and performs financial, compliance, operational and IT audits throughout the organization;
- Assists the CAE in monitoring the status and completion of all audit issues raised & recommendations made within internal and external audits throughout all organizations;
- Plans the audit engagement, sets the audit objectives and prepares the audit program prior to approval from the CAE;
- Performs the audit procedures in accordance with written audit programs and established standards;
- Interprets company policies and procedures, industry, government and regulatory rules and regulations and apply to specific tests performed;
- Evaluates adequacy of existing financial and operational procedures and controls in light of the results of tests performed;
- Prepares supporting workpapers documenting results of tests performed;
- Identifies unusual or exception items during testing and prepares audit findings for review by the CAE;
- Prepares detailed descriptive reports of audit findings and presents realistic & effective recommendations to the CAE for subsequent distribution to management of the functions audited;
- Develops a good working relationship with auditees during the reviews performed ensuring that effective two-way communication occurs;
- Maintains high audit standards as outlined in AMS Manuals & guidance;
- In coordination with the CAE, provides useful input for the annual audit plan;
- Performs other review activities or operational special projects as assigned by the CAE;
- Supervises other AMS staff as warranted;
- Helps ensure AMS personnel are properly trained; and,
- Maintains industry, professional and other contacts in order to keep informed as to current activities, trends, developments and practices.
- Minimum 7-10 (seven to ten) years experience in public / government / private accounting or auditing industry with an emphasis in financial, compliance and operational auditing. Helpful if experience is in financial services or housing related industries. Exposure to IT audits and fraud investigations would be an asset.
- BA/BS in accounting, business related field or finance required. CPA, CIA or other related professional certifications preferable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed.
- Must possess a positive attitude that reflects initiative, enthusiasm, teamwork, dependability and self-confidence.
- Excels both at working independently or as a team member.
- The ability to negotiate and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations is critical.
- Must demonstrate clear understanding of unique nature of non-profit organization and value-added audit services.
Tax professional for Busy Season
Kenneally & Company, a Towson CPA firm of highly motivated professionals, seeks experienced professionals for individual tax return preparation and review. Familiarity with ProSystem fx is a plus. Flexible hours and a pleasant working environment. Please contact Michelle Lindemon email@example.com or at (410) 321-9558.