The Forensic & Valuation Service Committee breakfast series is a series of on-line and in person CPE events focused on the forensic and valuation services body of knowledge.
Session 3 – Virtual Event
Differences between Frye and Daubert Standards for Financial Professionals
A discussion regarding the change in the Maryland legal standard from Frye to Daubert and how it impacts financial experts.
Speaker: Robert Brennen and Eric Rollinger
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between the Frye and Daubert standards
- Know how to implement changes to their expert reports
- Explain the deficiencies that may lead to a Daubert challenge
- Overview of the Daubert Standards
- How the new standard differs from the Frye Standard
- How an expert should adjust their deliverables to reflect the Daubert Standard
Maryland Association of CPAs
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
Accountants and Valuation Professionals interested in performing work in a litigation setting.
Register for this Event
Forensic Valuation Service Committee “Breakfast” Series ~ Session 3: Differences between Frye and Daubert Standards for Financial Professionals