As 2012 comes to a close, we’ve finished our fall rounds with our members. We wrapped up seven town hall meetings all over the state in a chance to connect and collaborate.
Town halls by the numbers: 1,123, 95 percent, 93 percent, 90 percent and 9.3.
That is, of 1,123 attendees:
- 95 percent say our advocacy is for CPAs is very effective.
- 93 percent say our strategic initiatives are on track.
- 90 percent say the CPA image and brand are stronger than ever.
- Our Net Promoter Score is 9.3. Put another way, more than nine out of 10 would recommend the MACPA to their friends and colleagues.
Here are the major highlights on the feedback forms, with some links from CPA Sucess:
- Technology trends: The new Big Four are social, mobile, the cloud, and Big Data.
- New opportunities as “Digital CPAs” and outsourcing CFO and client accounting services.
- Private Company Standards developments — the new Private Company Council and AICPA FRF – SME.
- XBRL and the Data Act: Radical transparency for government.
- Generations in the workforce.
- MACPA legislative update — last year’s results and register for CPA Day (Jan 16) here.
- Delay of IFRS adoption by the SEC.
- Videos — see the entire playlist below.
- Value pricing by Ron Baker.
- The Bounce — competency, careers, curriculum.
That’s 4,423 hours of FREE CPE for MACPA members, brought to you by our major strategic partners from the 2012 Innovation Summit:
- Office Tools Professional
- BB&T (featured at almost all of our townhalls!)
See our playlist of videos from the town halls starting with “Why” and ending with a “Big Bang (Theory)!” below:
Mark your calendars now for our 2013 Innovation Summit on May 17, 2013. Featuring Ron Baker on value pricing, the latest on FAF / FASB / XBRL by Financial Accounting Foundation CEO Terri Polley, the NEW Digital CPA, a healthcare update, and more.
Key dates for your 2013 planning:
MACPA calendar of all upcoming events for 2013.
MACPA calendar for all tax programs (including extra courses ready for “fiscal cliff” developments)