The holiday season is over. Welcome to tax season!
Considering all the new rules, regulations and legislation floating around, it's going to be an eventful few months for CPAs.
Let's get things rolling with a bunch of online resources that might prove helpful as you dive head-first into another busy season.
Good luck, everyone!
- Tax filing deadline extended to April 17
- Tax practitioner's toolkit: Communicate your value (from the AICPA)
- IRS information for: Tax pros | Businesses | Individuals
- Maryland information for: Tax pros | Businesses | Individuals
- From Maryland's comptroller: What's new for the tax filing season
- New tax provisions for 2012 (from the Journal of Accountancy)
- CCH report: 2011 lays groundwork for tax reform
- Summary of 2011 Maryland tax legislation
- Tax preparers urged to renew PTINs for 2012
- 2012 mileage rates are out; biz rates unchanged
- 2012 inflation adjustments (from the IRS)
- Behind the mess, a closer look at the payroll tax cut
- Filing deadline extended to March 30 for some tax-exempt organizations
- IRS urges tax pros to prepare now for new e-file rules
- New tax guide helps people save on their 2011 taxes
- CPA marketing toolkit (from the AICPA)
- 5 tips for conquering the tax season marathon