|Photo by rachaelvoorhees|
If you’ve been following our sister blog, Legislative Insider (or haven’t been living under a rock), you know that Maryland’s General Assembly has enacted $1.4 billion in new taxes in an effort to fix the state’s budget shortfall.
There are a ton of resources that provide details about the new law. Here are some of our favorites:
- Maryland Comptroller summary of 2008 tax changes
- MACPA recaps, courtesy of Legislative Insider
- Summary from the Department of Legislative Services
- Summary from the Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Corporate reporting requirements: A summary from Sutherland Asbill and Brennan
Finally, if you’d rather listen to a summary of the special session, check out this MACPA podcast. Executive Director Tom Hood offers a recap of the legislation and looks ahead to the General Assembly’s 2008 session.
What are your initial reactions to the new tax law?