I'm curious what the shelf life of this thing will be. Both sides will get some mileage out of it during their campaigns. Beyond that, I think it's nothing more than a paperweight — made, ironically, out of paper. It'll never get passed in its current form.
Still, there are a number of proposals in this thing that CPAs should pay attention to, particularly when it comes to taxes. Let's take a look at some of them.
- President’s budget proposes AMT elimination, tax reform (from the Journal of Accountancy)
- Obama proposes tax reforms in 2013 budget (from Accounting Today)
- Obama proposes higher dividend taxes in focus on wealthiest (from Bloomberg)
- Obama seeks higher taxes on big business (from Reuters)
- Budget seeks to boost tax revenue (from the Wall Street Journal)
- Obama's new budget: The winners and losers (an Associated Press video)
- Analysis: Politics trumps policy in Obama budget (from CNN)
- What you need to know about Obama's budget proposal (from MSNBC)
- President Obama’s budget revealed: A look at the tax details (from Double Taxation, via the AECM listserv)
- What if Obama's budget were your family's (an ABC News video)