- Drag my butt into my office.
- Open up Outlook.
- Find the e-mail alert from Rick Telberg’s awesome CPA Trendlines blog.
- Learn someting new about CPAs.
It’s a terrific blog, and if you’re not reading it, you need to start.
Still, I did a double-take when I read the top two headlines on CPA Trendlines recently.
- “43 Steps to Gold-Plated Client Service,” read the first headline.
- “15 Reasons to Dump a Client,” read the next.
What a terrific juxtaposition. In the span of two paragraphs, my CPA Trendlines update was telling me the best ways to love and leave my clients.
On closer inspection, though, it’s not a juxtaposition at all.
Let’s face it: Some clients just aren’t worth the trouble. They suck the time, money and life out of your office and give you very little in return. Cut ’em loose, then focus on the clients that are worth keeping.
There’s nothing new here. Just some simple lessons that are worth repeating over … and over … and over.
How are you keeping your best clients happy? Let us know, then check out these related resources:
- Exceptional Customer Service: When ‘Wow’ Becomes the Rule (a Business Learning Institute program)
- Measure What Matters to Customers: Using Key Predictive Indicators (a BLI program)
- ABCs: Above and Beyond Customer Service: Improving Service Improves Your Bottom Line (a BLI program)