UPDATE: TaxGirl has a terrific summary of the ongoing tax cut drama playing out in Congress. Check it out here.
We've had some time now to digest President Obama's compromise with the GOP over the Bush tax cuts and unemployment benefits.
Apparently, so has everyone else.
Here are just a few of the examinations of the deal floating around out there:
- CCH issues special tax briefing on White House–GOP tax cut compromise (from CCH)
- Tax cut deal and surprise stimulus: The cost (from CNNMoney)
- Tax deal should help economy, analysts say (from Fox News and the Associated Press)
- Bush tax cuts just 37 percent of the total deal (from MSNBC)
- Tax package a plus, but maybe not enough (from NPR)
- How the tax compromise might affect estate planning (from Forbes)
- Tax plan offers short-term relief, at a price (from MSNBC)
- 3 key pieces of the Obama tax deal (from Planet Money)
- For Obama, tax deal is a back-door stimulus plan (from the New York Times)
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Now that you've read up on the deal, tell us what you think.