U. S. GAAP: Latest Developments and Key Topics for Business & Industry
This course includes GAAP financial accounting and reporting topics in conjunction with an overview of recent FASB pronouncements. Applicable to a broad cross section of CPAs, this course is a must for CPAs in business and industry. Utilizing detailed descriptions and examples of how to implement the new standards, this course instructs you on how to assess new and recent FASB guidance that have a major effect on all industries. It will allow you to gain an understanding of the latest pronouncements and exposure documents, and how to develop implementation strategies.
- Identify and apply the latest FASB accounting and reporting guidance.
- Identify current FASB exposure drafts and projects.
- Identify disclosure requirements.
- The financial reporting environment
- Summary of recent FASB publications
- Accounting for financial assets and derivatives
- Accounting for leases
- Fair value accounting
- Accounting for Investments Under the Equity or Cost Method
- Business combinations, goodwill, and variable interest entities
- Intangible assets, goodwill, and asset impairment and disposal issues
- Revenue recognition
- Long-lived assets: Interest capitalization and nonmonetary transactions
- Investments in Debt and Equity Securities
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
10280 Old Columbia Road Suite 245, Columbia, MD, United StatesView in Google Maps
8:00 am - 3:30 pm