The Strategic Finance Department – 15 New Roles (#FutureReady)
The world has changed, but has your finance department changed with it or are they doing the same things the same way they always have? Being technically competent is no longer enough; you have to be able to connect with people throughout your organization. In this session, we will cover definition and characteristics of strategic leadership.
We will review 15 roles to enhance: your position in the organization, your interactions with other departments, and your strategic role in your organization. These strategic roles will help move you and your department into the future; go from being a disliked cost center to an appreciated, value-adding resource within your organization.
This course is designed to build on what you are already doing right and add specific steps you can implement immediately to have a positive impact on your organization’s future.
- Define what it means to be strategic
- Describe 8 characteristics of strategic thinking
- Identify 5 roles to enhance your strategic skill set and improve how others see you in the organization
- Identify 5 roles for developing strategic skills in your subordinates, team-mates, and coworkers
- Strategic roles for moving to the future
- Characteristics of strategic thinking
- Roles to enhance your strategic skill set
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend