Tax compliance issues at death are sometimes confusing to practitioners because many lack experience in this area. This course provides you with a practical understanding of the issues involved in preparing the federal estate tax return, Form 706; the federal gift tax return, Form 709; and the decedent’s final federal income tax return, Form 1040.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Recognize the components of Federal Forms 706 and 709.
• How to prepare a federal estate tax return (Form 706)
• How to prepare a federal gift tax return (Form 709)
• How to comply with “Portability”
• Issues involved in the preparation of the decedent’s final federal income tax return (Form 1040) • Various postmortem estate planning issues involved in the preparation of the abovementioned tax returns • Complete understanding of estate and gift taxation
CPAs, EAs, and attorneys