Auditing a 401(k) plan’s financial statements under GAAS
With an increasing number of millennials investing in a 401(k) plan, and millions of others retiring each year, now is the perfect time to tackle any auditing hurdles.
Join this webcast to learn:
– Common tax and compliance issues encountered by finance professionals handling 401(k) audits
– Generally accepted accounting standards specific to EBPs
– Steps to take should you discover noncompliance
– Determine the auditor’s responsibility for tax and compliance issues in an audit of a 401(k) plan’s financial statements under GAAS.
– Analyze common tax and operational issues and their impact on the plan’s financial statements and the audit.
– Identify self-correction steps a plan can take as well as current relief programs available to the plan sponsor through the IRS and DOL.
– Determine appropriate financial statement disclosures and auditor responsibilities for reporting noncompliance matters with management and those charged with governance.
* 401(k) plans
* Tax and compliance issues
* IRS, ERISA and DOL legislation
* Noncompliance procedures
* EBP Auditors and providers
-* CPAs and CGMA designation holders
-* accounting and finance professionals
Prior experience performing employee benefit plan audits