This event has been pre-approved for CE credit by the CFP Board and the IRS.
This two-day program is essential for the tax practitioner who wants to update their knowledge of individual income taxation. This course will provide a comprehensive review of Form 1040 complexities. Updates for tax legislation passed in late 2016 and any additional changes that might occur in 2016 along with many important topics that impact clients in these difficult times will be discussed during the lecture.
- ▪ To provide participants with both an update and instructions so that the participants will have the necessary knowledge to complete IRS Form 1040 for the 2016 tax season.
- What’s New and What’s Hot o Review of new tax legislation for 2016 o 2016 rate structure and COLAs o Specific tax issues that will have the greatest impact on your clients o FBAR and FATCA issues o Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”) issues o Where we are, and where we are headed
- Status Issues o Uniform definition of a child o Filing status issues o Dependent issues o Exemptions and phase-outs o Divorce and separation issues o Alimony and support issues o Property settlement issues o Death of a taxpayer
- Income and Deductions o Interest and dividend issues o Cancellation of debt o Co-owned property o Non-resident and resident status o Standard deduction o Phase-out of itemized deductions o Medical expense issues o Sales tax o Interest deduction and qualified debt o Charitable deductions
- Retirement Plans o Individual retirement plan issues o Qualified plan issues o Funding and contribution rules and COLAs o Required minimum distributions in 2016 o Alternative Minimum Tax issues
- Various tax credits for 2016
- Health Reform and Medical Issues (“Obamacare”) o Net Investment Income Tax o High Income Tax o Penalties – Individual o Penalties – Business o Credits
- Capitalization Rules
- Hobby Loss Issues
- Partnership Issues
- LLC Issues
- S Corp Issues
- C Corp Issues
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
Prior experience with the form 1040.
January 5 - 6, 2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
Loyola Graduate Center
2034 Greenspring Dr
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093 US
In-Person + Simulcast
Register for this Event
MACPA’s 1040 Fast Track – A Comprehensive Individual Tax Seminar for CPAs and Their Staff