This event has been pre-approved for CE credit by the CFP Board and the IRS.
In this course, we review:
• Current year development
• Recurring problems, and
• Planning ideas.
Using a combination of humor and examples, we will focus on tax developments that affect 2016 individual income tax return preparation and 2016 individual income tax planning. As time permits, we will also review the major areas of individual income taxation to fine tune practitioners for “Tax Season.”
- To prepare for "Tax Season" and to review and update individual tax planning ideas.
- To review existing rules and to learn new law changes.
- The course includes a 600+ page reference manual with each chapter containing basic rules, selected items of interest, 2016 developments, planning ideas, and listings of related IRS Forms and Publications.
- The manual also includes a Topical Index.
- Review of individual income taxation including:
- 2016 individual tax developments.
- Recent tax legislation including provisions of the Protecting Americans From Tax Hikes Act (PATH Act) impacting individuals.
- A review of both legislative and non-legislative provisions first effective in 2016.
- 2016 developments that may warrant amended returns.
- Planning ideas, including planning opportunities in light of 2016 tax developments.
- Important 2016 regulations, court cases, rulings and other important non-legislative developments.
- Survey of latest Affordable Care Act developments.
- Important developments involving passive activities; filing status issues; dependency exemption; business travel; tax consequences of divorce; distributions from qualified plans and IRAs; and other late-breaking items.
- Review of selected individual tax credits.
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
Individuals who prepare individual income tax returns or who are involved in individual income tax planning.
At least one "Tax Season".
- A detailed knowledge of individual income taxation and individual income tax return preparation.
November 10 - 11, 2016
8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT
6817 Dogwood Rd
Woodlawn, MD 21244 US
In-Person + Simulcast
Register for this Event
Don Farmer’s 2016 Individual Income Tax Workshop