Don Farmer’s 2016 Individual Income Tax Workshop
This event has been pre-approved for CE credit by the CFP Board and the IRS.
In this course, we review:
• Current year development
• Recurring problems, and
• Planning ideas.
Using a combination of humor and examples, we will focus on tax developments that affect 2016 individual income tax return preparation and 2016 individual income tax planning. As time permits, we will also review the major areas of individual income taxation to fine tune practitioners for “Tax Season.”
- To prepare for "Tax Season" and to review and update individual tax planning ideas.
- To review existing rules and to learn new law changes.
- The course includes a 600+ page reference manual with each chapter containing basic rules, selected items of interest, 2016 developments, planning ideas, and listings of related IRS Forms and Publications.
- The manual also includes a Topical Index.
- Review of individual income taxation including:
- 2016 individual tax developments.
- Recent tax legislation including provisions of the Protecting Americans From Tax Hikes Act (PATH Act) impacting individuals.
- A review of both legislative and non-legislative provisions first effective in 2016.
- 2016 developments that may warrant amended returns.
- Planning ideas, including planning opportunities in light of 2016 tax developments.
- Important 2016 regulations, court cases, rulings and other important non-legislative developments.
- Survey of latest Affordable Care Act developments.
- Important developments involving passive activities; filing status issues; dependency exemption; business travel; tax consequences of divorce; distributions from qualified plans and IRAs; and other late-breaking items.
- Review of selected individual tax credits.
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
- A detailed knowledge of individual income taxation and individual income tax return preparation.
6817 Dogwood Rd Baltimore, MD 21244-2608View in Google Maps
8:30 am - 4:30 pm