Don Farmer’s 2016 Federal Tax Update
This event has been pre-approved for CE credit by the CFP Board and the IRS.
In this course, we review current year developments and planning ideas affecting individual, corporate and business income taxation using a combination of humor and examples. We will emphasize tax developments that affect 2016 tax return preparation and 2016 tax planning for individuals, corporations, and non-corporate businesses.
The course format is designed to update CPAs with various levels of experience.
- After completing this course, you will be able to: Understand the major developments in federal income taxation for individuals, corporations, and other businesses that have the greatest impact on participants, clients and companies.
- This course includes a 200+ page reference manual.
- The seminar is designed to update participants concerning 2016 tax developments emphasizing practical solutions to problems and tax planning opportunities.
- Recent tax legislation, including provisions of the Protecting Americans From Tax Hikes Act (PATH Act); New law provisions and other developments first effective in 2016 including: PATH Act provisions allowing R&E credit against Employer’s FICA tax liability, 50% 168(k) for “qualified improvement property,” accelerated due dates for filing W-2s, new preparer “due diligence” rules, new rules for education expenses; Important regulation provisions (including regulations concerning the new basis consistency rules for assets received from an estate and the regulations concerning reporting of specified foreign financial assets held by entities), court cases, rulings, etc.; Developments concerning the reimbursement of employees’ (including S corporation owner/employees) individual health insurance policy premiums and other ACA developments; IRS audit issues and other practical problems affecting CPAs. The developments covered will be those important to practitioners and CPAs in industry. Tax planning opportunities will be emphasized. The course material also includes:
- A checklist of developments first effective in 2016.
- A checklist of retroactive developments that may warrant amended returns.
- A checklist of tax provisions expiring after 2016.
- A detailed planning section for businesses and individuals, including planning with 2016 developments.
- Selected new or modified Federal tax forms for 2016.
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
Woodlawn, MD 21244 US
8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT
Woodlawn, MD 21244 US