Don Farmer’s 2016 Corporate/Business Income Tax Workshop
This event has been pre-approved for CE credit by the CFP Board and the IRS.
In this course, we review:
•Current year developments
Using a combination of humor and examples, we will review tax developments that affect 2016 return preparation and 2016 tax planning for corporate and other business taxpayers. We will also review the major areas of corporate and business taxation to fine tune practitioners for “Tax Season.” The course will also contain a segment covering the latest developments affecting the taxation of partnerships.
- To prepare for “Tax Season” and to review and update corporate and other business tax planning ideas.
- To review existing rules and to learn new law changes.
- The course includes a 600+ page reference manual with each chapter containing basic rules, selected items of interest, 2016 developments, planning ideas, and listings of related IRS Forms and Publications.
- The manual also includes a Topical Index.
- Review of corporate and other business income taxation including:
- 2016 corporate and business tax developments, including a review of the following provisions of the Protecting Americans From Tax Hikes Act (PATH Act) first effective in 2016: provision allowing R&E credit against Employer’s FICA tax liability, 50% 168(k) for “qualified improvement property,” and, accelerated due dates for filing W-2s.
- A review of both legislative and non-legislative provisions first effective in 2016, including update on “certified PEOs.”
- Review of the latest developments involving the final capitalization regulations.
- Review of the latest developments involving the Affordable Care Act=s employer requirements.
- 2016 developments that may warrant amended returns.
- Status of business tax breaks scheduled to expire after 2016.
- Latest developments involving S corporations and partnerships (including planning ideas).
- Update on entity-selection issues (including S/E taxation of LLC members; salaries of S corporation owners; etc).
- Latest developments on accounting methods.
- Independent contractor and payroll tax issues.
- Developments concerning the reimbursement of employees’ (including S corporation owner/employees) individual health insurance policy premiums.
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
- A detailed knowledge of corporate and business income taxation and return preparation.
Woodlawn, MD 21244 US
8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT
Woodlawn, MD 21244 US