Private foundations are charitable organizations that are tax-exempt under 501(c)(3). However, because they are not publicly supported, they are subject to different filing requirements and restrictions that do not apply to any other type of NFP.
In this CPE course, you will learn the basic tax compliance requirements that apply to private foundations, as well as the unique restrictions and excise taxes related to self-dealing, annual distribution of income, limits on business holdings and provisions related to investments and expenditures.
- When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between private foundations and other NFPs
- Identify the types of private foundations
- Recognize the unique compliance requirements and restrictions related to private foundations
- Identify situations in which a private foundation will be subject to excise taxes and penalties
- Definition of private foundation
- Types of private foundations
- Basic tax compliance requirements and restrictions
- Excise taxes
- Form 4720 basics
- Termination of private foundation status
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
CPAs, financial professionals and NFP board members who need an overview of private foundation tax compliance requirements.
Register for this Course
Private Foundations: Not-for-Profit Tax Compliance