PFP Boot Camp: Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits
This session will enable practitioners to plan, implement and monitor individual and business-sponsored retirement plans. It provides instruction on how to perform retirement needs analysis, what regulatory issues surround retirement planning and benefits, and what tax issues come into play.
The retirement planning section covers tax-deferred retirement plans, IRAs, and non-qualified plans. The employee benefits section covers Social Security programs, civil service group life, disability, dental and health insurance.
- Upon completion of this webcast, participants will be able to:
- Describe the retirement planning process
- Describe the eligibility requirements and benefits available through Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Understand the similarities and differences between pension and profit-sharing plans
- Understand the similarities and differences between defined benefit and defined contribution plans
- Understand the differences in funding, taxation, and asset security between qualified plans, tax-advantaged plans, individual plans, and nonqualified plans
- Individual retirement plans
- Employer-Sponsored retirement plans
- Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
10:30 am - 1:00 pm