Do you know what makes not-for-profit accounting and financial reporting different? Avoid the potholes of confusion and provide a financial picture that end users can truly understand. Through a combination of practical guidance and case studies, this course provides insight into what makes not-for-profits different.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
• Identify the impact of the FASB Standards impacting not-for-profits. • Identify the unique aspects of the not-for-profit environment. • Apply the unique not-for-profit accounting and reporting requirements, including revenue recognition and expense reporting.
• Recall ways to perform more effective audits of not-for-profit organizations with better knowledge of not-for-profit accounting and reporting requirements.
• Core elements of financial reporting
• Exchange transactions, contributions, and gains and losses • Accounting for expenses
• The not-for-profit environment and performance measures
Professionals working with or in the not-for-profit environment