Multistate Income Tax
You can conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues caused by the question of whether a business has nexus in a particular jurisdiction. Be the one to guide your client skillfully through the maze of multistate corporate tax codes. With this webcast, you’ll rapidly develop a working knowledge of both multistate tax compliance and related planning opportunities. With the rate of change, you can’t afford to be out • of • date with your knowledge of this critical tax area. Webcast materials include the latest developments regarding the Wayfair decision.
• Identify the key principles of multistate taxation. • Identify the implications of establishing nexus in various taxing jurisdictions. • Analyze client operations and devise strategies that will minimize their client’s overall sales and/or income tax liability. • Recognize the impact recent judicial rulings in various states on client operations. • determine to what extent the state taxation of internet based transactions may impact current and future client activities.
• Constitutional limits and P.L. 86 • 272
• Nexus, UDITPA, MTC
• Calculation of state taxable income
• Filing methods for multistate taxpayers
• Apportionment and allocation
• Multistate income tax planning
• Audit defense strategies
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
Experience in corporate taxation
9:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT