Growing your company through acquisition
Businesses can add value by making successful investments. This can take different forms. In this course, you will learn the purposes of merger and acquisition activity, factors that influence the price offered, value proposition, the process of bidding and negotiation, and a deeper look at the motivations of an acquisition and what they bring to either party in a business combination.
Value added topics
- Acquisition strategies
- Business valuation and the bidding process
- Statutory, subsidiary, and horizontal mergers
Gain experience with detailed exercises
The practical hands-on exercises use real world examples and are designed to give you a deeper understanding of mergers and acquisitions.
This is a standalone course but if you’re interested in more of this type of learning while earning a designation, explore the CGMA® Finance Leadership Program.
- Identify the purposes of merger and acquisition activity and the risks of failing to manage such activity well.
- Determine the valuation for acquisition for either the target business or the bidding business.
- Apply the process of bidding and completing an acquisition.
- Apply the post-acquisition steps to ensure expected value can be achieved.
- Value realization
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Business Management & Organization
Who Should Attend
- Global accounting and finance professionals
- Management accounting professionals
- Finance vice presidents
- Finance directors
- CPAs and CAs
Online – Bridge (AICPA Platform)