There is a big difference between hearing and listening. Listening is harder than you think. It’s not about you, it’s about the audience – about the person you’re talking to. Listening is about setting aside our issues, our concerns, our biases, and our judgment so that we can truly listen to what someone else is saying.
- Recognize why listening is harder than we think.
- Identify eight listening “don’ts”
- List three steps for quality listening
- Types of listening
- Levels of listening
- Listening to respond
- Introverts and Extroverts
- Listening bias
- Body language
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Communications and Marketing
Who Should Attend
- CPAs, corporate finance teams, business leaders and other financial professionals.
Jennifer Elder Peter Margaritis
Register for this Course
MBAexpress: Listening for Leaders – V 2.0