MBAexpress: Best Practices for Better Budgeting and Planning
What comes to mind when you think of budgeting? Takes too long? No follow-up? It protects the status-quo? If you’ve considered “banning the budget”. This course will show you how to transform it into a planning process that helps your organization achieve its strategy.
Discover 15 best practices to change your budgeting process that results in a detailed one year budget, to a planning process resulting in a strategic, progressive and long-term achievement of your goals.
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize key differences between planning and budgeting
- Identify best practices to use in your planning process
- Define key elements of rolling forecasts
- Describe two ways to determine a break-even
- Budgeting Best Practices
- SWOT Analysis
- The 80/20 rule
- Common budget problems
- Rolling forecasts
- Spontaneous assets and liabilities
- The effects of bad data
- Contingency opportunities