Leases: Mastering the New FASB Requirements
How do the leasing requirements in the new standard differ from current GAAP? This webcast addresses that question by examining the core principles of the new standard, including identification, recognition, measurement, presentation and disclosure requirements. Examples are included to illustrate application of the new standard. This webcast explains the lessee accounting model, including lease classification, amortization of the right-of-use asset, and interest on the lease liability. This webcast also explains the lessor accounting model, including transfer of risk, profit recognition, and collectability. Additional topics include short-term leases, purchase options, variable lease payments, and sale and leaseback transactions.
- Identify a lease under the new leases standard~
- Identify recognition and measurement requirements of the new leases standard~
- Identify presentation and disclosure requirements of the new leases standard~
- Lease classification.
- Amortization of the lease asset.
- Derecognition of the underlying asset.
- Recognition of lease receivables.
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
9:00 am - 5:00 pm