The proper treatment of leases in the financial statements can already be very complex and confusing, and now lease treatment is changing with ASU 2016-02. This course will take an illustrative example approach to clearly demonstrate the impact of changing accounting and financial reporting requirements under U.S. GAAP under ASC Topic 842.
- Identify a lease under the new leases standard.
- Identify recognition and measurement requirements of the new leases standard.
- Identify presentation and disclosure requirements of the new leases standard.
- Lease classification
- Amortization of the lease asset
- Derecognition of the underlying asset
- Recognition of lease receivables
- Lease Modifications
- Sale and leaseback transactions
- Presentation, disclosure, and transition requirements
- Comparison of the requirements of U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Private company consideration
- The business context for implementing the new standard
Business Learning Institute
Who Should Attend
Accountants in practice and industry
Experience in the application of accounting standards
Register for this Event
Leases Before and After New U.S. GAAP: Case Studies of the Impact of Applying Changes in Lease Accounting and Financial Reporting