Want to help your client save money and avoid potential trouble with the IRS? This
CPE course explains what may trigger an IRS audit, how to negotiate, settle on
appeal, qualify for an IRS collection program and evaluate your client’s best
options for dealing with the IRS. You will also learn about IRS audit techniques,
how to handle requests and appeal rights so you can represent your clients with
• Evaluate IRS audit trends and the audit selection process.
• Determine when IRS requests could be challenged.
• Identify the timing, scope, and location of various IRS audits.
• Recognize IRS audit techniques and inquiries and appeal rights.
• Identify how to manage the information document request process and
evaluate the contents of a revenue agent report.
• The assessment process
• Audit selection, examination, and the appeals process
• Installment agreements
• Offers in compromise
• Advising delinquent taxpayers
• The IRS collection process for tax liens, levy, seizure, and sale
• Bankruptcy and the effect on tax liabilities
• Practice before the IRS
• Business taxation
• Tax liens levy seizure
• Fund recovery penalty
CPAs, enrolled agents, and
Experience in business taxation