Investments: Not-for-Profit Accounting & Financial Reporting
Investments can be a source of significant financial support and an indicator of the overall financial health of a not-for-profit organization (NFP). In this CPE course, you will learn about the financial accounting and reporting requirements related to investments for NFPs.
Topics discussed in this course include fair value measurement, investments accounted for under the equity method, alternative investments, and the reporting of investment income, gains and losses. You will also learn about financial statement presentation and note disclosures related to an NFP’s investments.
- When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between short-term and long-term investments
- Identify the reporting requirements related to investments and investment income
- Recall the characteristics of investment pools
- Common types NFP investments
- Recognition, measurement and valuation of investments subsequent to acquisition
- Investments accounted for under the equity method
- Alternative investments
- Investment pools
- Fair value hierarchy
- Accounting for investment income, gains and losses
- Financial statement presentation and required note disclosures