Interpreting and Analyzing Financial Statements: Not-for-Profit Financial Reporting
Identifying mission-critical information in a not-for-profit (NFP) organization’s financial statements is vital to analyzing an NFP’s health and making plans for the future. Ratio analysis and other methods are tools that can be used to make informed, strategic decisions regarding cash flow management, resource allocation, and investment in capacity-building activities to more effectively and efficiently achieve an NFP’s mission.
This CPE course offers you detail-rich examples and case studies that will help you understand how financial statements interrelate, identify potential red flags within a set of NFP financial statements, and perform strategic analysis.
Included in the course resources are various financial statement examples and common ratios used in analyzing NFP financial statements.
- When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify how the financial statements interrelate
- Recall how a Not-for-Profit’s (NFP’s) financial statements should be used to make financial decisions to accomplish the entity’s mission
- Interpret trending data to analyze an NFP’s financial statements
- Apply ratio analysis to an NFP’s financial statements
- Identify approaches to manage liquidity
- Recognize potential red flags in an NFP’s financial statements
- Interpreting trending data
- Conducting ratio analysis
- Managing liquidity
- Identifying potential red flags within an organization’s financial statements