A solid understanding of governmental accounting and reporting
Are you an accountant or finance professional working in the state and local government space?
Are you an auditor with state and local government clients?
If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you’re aware that to succeed at your job and to uphold the public trust, you need a solid understanding of governmental accounting and reporting.
This webcast will walk you through the GASB standards effective this year. You’ll be able to apply those concepts through an extensive case study on leases.
The webcast will also explore current GASB projects, including status updates and expected issuance timelines for due process documents and final standards.
* Apply the requirements under GASB’s Lease standard.
-* Identify GASB standards that are effective this year.
– Analyze GASB’s technical plan, including the current major projects, Practice issues and Pre-* agenda research.
* GASB Statement No. 87, Leases
* Recent GASB standards issued
* GASB’s proposed standards
Preparers, Auditors, users of government financial statements
-* Accountants and finance professionals
Knowlege of accounting for transactions in governmental entities