This course will provide CPAs who work with closely held companies an up-to-the minute overview of the major challenges they are currently facing in their practice. Topic coverage will be selected by participants and will be updated to reflect the most important issues that are affecting practitioners today.
- Understand how evolving cybersecurity threats impact financial reporting
- Recognize new ways to detect fraudulent financial reporting
- Understand the immediate and near medium-term e impact of
- FASB projects involving revenue recognition, leases, and financial instruments and how they will affect closely held companies
- Become familiar with breaking issues affecting the profession
- Lease accounting – challenges & practical answers
- Revenue recognition – FASB principles and industry implementation strategies
- Recent FASB standards – financial instruments, loan covenants, not-for-profits, and the simplification initiative
- Cybersecurity – accounting, regulatory and compliance responsibilities.
- Detecting & preventing financial statement fraud: new tools and challenges
Maryland Association of CPAs
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
Accountants in public practice and business who need an update on recent professional developments.
Prior learning or experience in accounting and auditing
Nov 2, 2022
12:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
MACPA Towson Center
901 Dulaney Valley Rd
Towson, MD 21204 US
In-Person + Live Stream
Register for this Event
Hot Topics in Accounting and Financial Reporting