GASB Statement No. 68 Audit and Accounting Workshop
GASB Statement No. 68 changes the playing field for government organizations. Learn about the landmark pension accounting changes and how they change the accounting and financial reporting of pension benefits. Practical examples illustrate the new accounting requirements and more extensive note disclosures along with required supplementary information.
•GASB Statement No. 68 accounting by governmental employers
•Pension plan disclosures
- Recall new accounting requirements for single employer, agent multiple-employer, and cost-sharing multiple-employer plans.
- Identify the substantial changes to methods and assumptions used to determine actuarial information.
- Recall how net pension liability (asset), pension expense, and deferred outflows of resources and deferred inflows of resources related to pensions are calculated and derived.
- Recognize the role of management specialists, auditor specialists, and service organizations, and the related audit implications.
- Distinguish the responsibilities of plan management, the plan’s auditor, employer management, and the employer’s auditor in the context of audits of government employers.
- Audit pension plan disclosures.
- GASB Statement No. 68 accounting by governmental employersPension plan disclosures
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm