Answers to SLG Financial Statement Audit Challenges (bold)
Find solutions to the challenging issues encountered when performing state and local government (SLG) financial statement audits in this Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC) web event.
The format is a fast-paced lightning round of questions and answers commonly received by the GAQC, covered by a panel of experienced practitioners sharing their views.
The panelists will also share best practice tips for identifying the answers to challenging accounting and audit issues.
Topics to be covered include:
– Common peer review matters found in state and local governments audits
– State and local government audit performance considerations
– Common reporting challenges
– Accounting impacts of pandemic funding
– New Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards and GASB Implementation Guides
– Impact of new auditing standards
– Emerging areas like environmental, social, and corporate governance and cryptocurrency
– Best practices, tips, available resources, and tools
*Determine answers to Common Accounting and Audit questions relevant to state and local government financial statement audits *Identify implementation challenges related to new GASB standards *Determine The impact of new Auditing standards *Analyze The how pandemic funding affects financial statements *apply Best practices and tips for a successful financial statement audit
•GASB Standards •Governmental auditing •Governmental accounting •Financial statement audit considerations •Emerging practice issues •Practitioner views on tough questions
*Auditors and preparers of state and local governmental financial statements
Knowledge of GASB literature and SLG financial statement audits
Update your browser to view this website correctly.