GAAP for NFPs: Not-for-Profit Accounting & Financial Reporting
In this CPE course, you will learn about the major accounting and financial reporting requirements and transactions that are unique to not-for-profit entities (NFPs) and require special consideration under GAAP.
In addition, you will work through several scenarios to understand when and how to apply the guidance in the FASB Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) to NFPs.
- When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the guidance in the FASB ASC to NFPs
- Identify the NFP industry-specific guidance in the FASB ASC
- Recall the importance and use of non-authoritative guidance
- Major differences between for-profit and NFP reporting practices
- FASB ASC
- Non-authoritative guidance relevant to NFPs
- Terminology unique to NFPs