Financial Statement Presentation: Not-for-Profit Accounting & Financial Reporting
This CPE course is included in the 40-hour Not-for-Profit Certificate I Program. It can also be purchased individually or as a part of the Not-for-Profit Certificate I Accounting and Financial Reporting Bundle.
Not-for-profit organizations (NFPs) prepare financial statements in order to report critical information about programs and operations to a diverse group of stakeholders. Users of an NFP’s financial statements include donors, grantors, creditors, program beneficiaries, and others who have a need to assess the financial health of the NFP.
In this CPE course, you will work through several examples to understand the basic reporting requirements, note disclosures and presentation formats that are available to NFPs.
- When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the basic financial statements prepared by NFPs
- Recall various reporting formats used by NFPs
- Identify the unique NFP note disclosure requirements
- Differentiate between the three classes of net assets and the effect on financial reporting
- Statement of financial position
- Statement of activities
- Statement of cash flows
- Statement of functional expenses
- Net asset classification
- Required note disclosures