Ethics for the Industry Accountant
While ethics training is required by many states, the true value of the CPA license is in understanding how critically important ethical behavior is to one another, our customers, our firms, and the public. This course will explore the basic tenets of ethical behavior and use case studies to explore ethical dilemmas in various companies and organizations with a focus on dilemmas that may face CPAs in industry.
- • Identify and understand critical thinking errors as they relate to ethical dilemmas
- • Identify and understand the professional code of ethics and conduct
- • Identify and understand the new AICPA Ethics Codification
- • Examine the impact of ethical and unethical conduct on our profession
- • Describe the common types of fraud in business and identify red flags of fraud
- The course will examine, using real disciplinary cases, what went wrong with the behavior of others in our profession. We will provide our standard of conduct and then apply those standards to the real world.
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
Loyola Graduate Center, 2034 Greenspring Dr Timonium, MD 21093View in Google Maps
8:00 am - 11:30 am