Maintaining an ethical climate
Being on prime-time news might seem exciting, but not when the story is an ethics breach you committed. You may say, “that will never happen to me”. And those were the words spoken by Wells Fargo, United Airlines, Senator Al Franken, and Steve Wynn.
A claim of an ethical failure can stay in the news for almost five years. That’s long enough to damage your reputation and lower your profitability. Upholding high ethical standards for yourself and your team requires constant care and feeding.
– Recognize the benefits of being ethical
– Recognize ways we all behave unethically (and still think we are ethical)
– Identify ethical difficulties including right vs right dilemmas and external pressures
– Identify six easily implementable steps to create and maintain an ethical culture
* benefits of ethical behavior
* Six Steps to creating and maintaining an ethical culture
* example of unethical behavior in ethical companies
* CPAs in public and private Practice