Gain an understanding of how the transition from operating leases to capitalization will affect companies of all sizes.
Please note – materials for this event will be provided electronically ONLY. Please feel free to bring your own device to view the materials. We recommend that you download them prior to the event date rather than onsite.
Gain an understanding of how the transition from operating leases to capitalization will affect companies of all sizes. Study the fundamental principles of the right-to-use model for capitalizing leases under ASC 842. Distinguish which lease contracts are scoped into and out of the standard. Learn practical strategies to deal with related-party and informal leasing arrangements. Preview the transition and disclosure implications of the new standard.
- What was wrong with lease accounting?
- The asset-liability approach to leases and its effect on the balance sheet
- What have we learned from public company adoption?
- Implementing the right-to-use approach for lessees and lessors
- Reassessment, renewal, termination, and other lease-specific issues
- Practical strategies to reduce the burden of implementation
- Transition and presentation
- Lessor accounting: Limited changes
- Lease forgiveness and adjustments in today’s economy
- FASB guidance for impaired leases
Maryland Association of CPAs
Professional Area of Focus
Sep 29, 2022
8:00 am - 11:30 am EDT
MACPA Towson Center
901 Dulaney Valley Rd
Towson, MD 21204 US
In-Person + Live Stream
Register for this Event
Dr. Ray’s Comprehensive Guide to Lease Accounting