In this Course, We Review:
Current Year Developments, Recurring Problems, and Planning Ideas. Using a Combination of Humor and Examples, We Will Focus on Tax Developments That Affect 2018 Individual Income Tax Return Preparation and Planning. As Time Permits, We Will Also Review the Major Areas of Individual Income Taxation to Fine Tune Practitioners for “Tax Season.”
● 600+ Page Manual Containing a Discussion of Most Major Areas of Individual Income Taxation.
● Where Applicable, a Segment in Each Chapter of Relevant Changes under the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.”
● Checklist of Individual Tax Provisions Expiring after 2018.
● Checklist of Effective Dates of Significant Legislative Tax Changes Impacting Individuals.
● Checklist of Individual Tax Developments First Effective in 2018.
● Checklist of 2018 Developments That May Warrant Amended Returns.
This Course is Designed to:
1) Provide the Latest Explanations, Developments, and Planning Ideas Regarding the Provisions of the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017” (TCJA-2017) Impacting Individuals,
2) Help Practitioners Prepare for “Tax Season,” and
3) Review Individual Tax Law Developments and Planning Ideas. The Course Includes a 600+ Page Reference Manual with Each Chapter Containing Basic Rules, Selected Items of Interest, 2018 Developments, Planning Ideas, and Listings of Related IRS Forms and Publications. Where Applicable, Each Chapter of the Manual Includes a Segment Devoted Entirely to the Impact of “TCJA-2017” on that Chapter’s Topic.
● Key Provisions of the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017” (TCJA-2017), including: New Individual, Dividend, and Capital Gains Tax Rates; Changes To the Kiddie Tax and Child Credit; New Family Tax Credit; New Excess Business Loss Limitations Imposed on Individuals; Changes in Tax Benefits Related to Education; Impact of Repeal of 20% Miscellaneous Itemized Deductions; Changes to Deductions for Home Mortgage Interest and State and Local Taxes; Repeal Of Deduction for Alimony, Moving Expenses, and Certain Investment Expenses; New Limits on Roth IRA Re-Characterizations; Expanded Rules for Plan Loans; Estate and Gift Tax Changes; Repeal of Deduction for Certain Entertainment Expenses; Changes to Taxation of “Carried Interests”; New 20% Section 199A Deduction Applicable to Individual Owners of Pass-Through Entities; and more!
● Other Significant 2018 Judicial and Administrative Individual Tax Developments.
At Least One “Tax Season.”
Update your browser to view this website correctly.
Update my browser now