To excel in forensic accounting, you must have a solid understanding of core forensic accounting topics before developing skills in the specialized niche forensic accounting practice areas. Through narration by industry subject matter experts and application exercises, this certificate program covers the areas essential to the planning, performance and reporting for all forensic accounting engagements including evidence identification and gathering, discovery, interview techniques, deposition and testimony, reporting requirements and more.
Upon successfully completing the program, your certificate will be awarded in the form of a digital badge to be proudly displayed anywhere on the web—a personal blog, a social network like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Mozilla Open Badges, a biographical page on a company website, or an online resume.
- Recall and apply the appropriate preliminary procedures and considerations related to engagement and case acceptance
- Identify and analyze potential conflicts of interest
- Determine the appropriateness of different methods used to obtain and collect evidence based on situational characteristics
- Identify the steps and documents commonly used in the custody and preservation process
- Recall ways to identify relevant missing information needed during the discovery process and apply those methods to situational examples
- Recall ways to protect yourself from different types of challenges both as an expert and on information
- Compare and select appropriate communication techniques and proven methodologies for effective investigative interview sessions
- Analyze the signs of verbal and non-verbal deception
- Identify the reporting requirements for expert witnesses
- Differentiate between the applicable professional standards used in different types of reports
- Laws, courts and dispute resolution
- Engagement planning and preparation
- Information gathering, preservation and analysis
- Expert reports and testimony
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
Accountants in industry and public practice who are responsible for designing internal control systems or are involved in forensic accounting activities.
- Foundational knowledge of forensic accounting
Register for this Course
Core Forensic Accounting Knowledge Certificate and Exam