CFO/Controller Series: Inflation, Deflation, and Stagflation
This one hour course will examine and walk-through key Federal Reserve policies following the Great Recession, and its impact on the accounting and finance professional today. Special focus will be given to the impact of these policies on inflation and deflationary pressures, and their impact on business and industry.
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the impact of Quantitative Easing and Operation Twist on inflation and deflation rates
- Identify risks associated with hyperinflation
- Identify risks associated with deflation
- Identify risks associated with stagflation
- Quantitative Easing (QE) and Operation Twist
- Hyperinflation risks
- Inflation rate history in the U.S.
- Reserve policies of the Federal Reserve
- The velocity of money
- Deflation and stagflation risks