CFO/Controller Series: Effective Communication and Negotiations
While nearly 7 years have passed since the Great Recession, economic and political uncertainty have continued to plague business decision-making. The roles and responsibilities of CPAs and finance professionals, meanwhile, has continued to expand. This course is part of a series of short courses that will explore key interpersonal and communication issues that will have a substantial impact on the effectiveness of the financial professional in the workplace.
This one hour course will examine and walk-through key communication techniques, to include effective listening, writing emails, and social media concerns, among others.
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of effective communication
- Identify negative effects of poor communication
- List reasons which cause poor listening skills
- Identify effective writing (email) techniques
- Key communication techniques
- Tips for writing effective emails
- Effective listening skills
- Social media concerns
- Effective presentation techniques
- Non-verbal communication