CFO/Controller Series: Competing Globally
This one hour course will examine and walk-through key factors affecting global competition and the convergence of IFRS and GAAP. Special focus will be given to the current economic and political standing of many key allies and trading partners, and how the current global recession may impact the United States.
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential impacts of indecision on IFRS in the U.S.
- Recognize IFRS adoption versus convergence as it relates to IASB Standards and IFRS
- Identify differences between IFRS and U.S. GAAP
- Key factors affecting global competition
- Sources of competitive advantage
- The goal of IFRS
- IFRS convergence versus adoption
- Convergence issues
- International economic and political issues