Although the business case for diversity, equity & belonging is increasingly clear, connecting culture to D&I strategy has not been widely implemented. For D&I initiatives to be effective, an important first step is understanding implicit bias and learning how to navigate uncomfortable conversations. Being able to comfortably talk across and about our differences is fundamental to driving inclusion. In this session, we will cover these topics and walk through the core elements of a D&I strategy to help firms identify where to start or take existing D&I initiatives to the next level.
This is event is part of our ongoing #CandidConversations, MACPA’s newest discussion series designed to create a safe and engaging space for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion conversations to take place. Hear from leading voices in the profession as they grapple with and confront issues of race and gender inequity while also detailing the effect those issues have on the CPA profession.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand implicit bias and explore strategies for creating space to engage in uncomfortable conversations at work
- Connect the business case for diversity, equity and inclusion to workplace routines and culture
- Review the components of a D&I strategy and walk through a framework for getting started
- Given recent headlines and the trending interest in organizations working on meaningful change, we will explore some of the challenges when talking about/working on D&I initiatives. We will discuss implicit bias and the importance of increasing awareness to help employees feel safe engaging in uncomfortable conversations, to build trust and foster a sense of inclusion and belonging in the workplace.
- We will explore the benefits of D&I and how it can help improve organizational performance, with a focus on the data supporting the business case for diversity.
- We will provide an overview of a D&I strategy, then walk through each component to help attendees identify what elements are best suited for their organization.
Business Learning Institute
CPE Field of Study
Register for this Event
#CandidConversations Virtual Series: Fostering Belonging – A First Step in Driving Change