Business Learning Institute Leadership Academy
In a white paper, “What Got You Here, Won’t Get You There”, crafted by our first year graduates of our leadership academy in 2011, the group identified the need for a new type of leader, one who can deal with the velocity of change driven by the hard trends of demographics, technology and government regulations. GE’s head of Global Leadership Development, Raghu Krishnamoorthy, captured this shift in an interview with The Economist Magazine, “The leader of old used to compete to win, the leader of the new collaborates to win. The leader of old fitted in; the leader of new values diversity. The leader of old used command and control; the leader of new connects and inspires.”
The MACPA Leadership Academy was established to inspire, nurture, and empower the next generation of CPA leaders by providing them with advanced leadership training, access to well-connected professional networks, and opportunities to exercise leadership within the profession.
Our leadership formula is built around three essential competencies for leading in rapidly changing times: Strategic Thinking, Strength-Based Leadership and Network Leadership. This is modeled after the national AICPA Leadership Academy that we developed and have run for the past ten years.
This program will equip participants with the resources and skills needed to forge relationships, expand competencies and empower them to become leaders. They will learn to identify and leverage their own unique leadership strengths, discover what these strengths mean, and understand the implications of how they affect personal life, career, your organization and the CPA profession.
It’s not about climbing the ladder. It’s about serving your team, your organization, and yourself. It’s about being a CPA who can lead well.
In the fast-approaching future, successful CPAs must be leaders. Leadership Academy is the starting point for unlocking the full potential in the profession’s best and brightest young CPAs. This three-day event is cited by past participants as an invaluable boost to their careers.
- THE I2A LEADERSHIP ACADEMY IS DESIGNED AROUND A 3 STAGE PROCESS THAT INCLUDES:
- INSTRUCTION: New learning, new ideas, new perspectives
- INTEGRATION: Combining new learning with what you already know to develop insights in your current context
- ACTION: Development of personal action plans
- Participants will be actively engaged in dialog throughout the workshop and will be making presentations of their insights and action plans throughout the three days. Consistent with BLI's approach to learning we will support the learning with active dialog and graphic facilitation techniques. Each young leader will leave with a set of tangible tools that they can use in their own organizations and as future volunteer leaders.
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
- Values in Action (VIA) Inventory of Strengths Assessment
- Gallup Strengths Based Leadership Assessment
Towson, MD 21204 US
8:00 am - 12:30 pm EDT
Towson, MD 21204 US