If you don’t have the time to complete an MBA degree but still want to understand the key concepts, then this course is for you. This course is designed for managers, professionals, and business owners who want to develop a broad perspective to deal more effectively in today’s rapidly changing and increasingly complex business environment.
Learn the key elements and components of a traditional MBA while looking strategically at an organization from a holistic perspective to improve business planning and decision-making, You will also learn to recognize how different business processes drive results as well as identify the effective use of key performance indicators to motivate, measure, evaluate, and improve results.
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define sustainability
- Identify the core principles of sustainability
- Identify steps to starting s sustainability initiative
- Identify techniques to develop your creativity confidence
- Identify different types of creativity methods
- Identify steps to starting an international business
- Identify questions to consider when researching international business structure
- Recognize cultural differences to consider
- Illustrate the marketing value by investing in their people
- Identify how business professionals are differentiating themselves in the market place
- Describe ways to strengthen business relationships
- Recognize ways to determine ROI using social media
- Define risk
- Identify sources of risk
- Identify types of risk
- Identify an example of business risk truths
- Identify risk management processes
- Identify the importance of why a company should know "why it does what it does"
- Define how to use Backcasting as a strategic planning tool
- Identify the most important thing about a mission statement
- Identify the benefits of a SWOT analysis
- The Eight Hour MBA – Business Strategy contains the following modules:
- Business Benefits of Sustainability – Triple Bottom Line: Economy, Society, Environment; Bottom Line Impact of Sustainability; Creating a green team; Monitoring success
- Creativity and Innovation – Creativity methods for generating ideas quickly; Breaking through mental barriers; Brainstorming; Innovation; Using the creative side of your brain
- International Business – Business Models; Customs and Etiquette; Communication; Import/Export/Product liability; Guides/Interpreters; International markets
- Masterful Marketing – Determine what lead generation method would work the best for their business (referrals, direct marketing, publish a book, etc.): Recognize that you are in the people business first and it’s people who create the relationships that that drive revenue: Discuss the differences between the various social media platforms
- Risk Management – 5 Business Risk Truths; Risk Assessment Approaches (SWOTS & PESTLES); Risk Evaluation
- Strategy for Success – Simon Sinek – “Start with why”; 5 Step Backcasting Process; Good & Bad Mission Statements
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
MBAexpress: Business Benefits of Sustainability
Does your business have a sustainability initiative? Recognize the benefits and business impact of sustainability and dentify the steps to get started.
MBAexpress: Creativity and Innovation
This course will demonstrate proven methods that CPAs and other business professionals can use to unlock their creativity and innovation. You will discover new ways to break through mental barriers, SALY thinking, and roadblocks in order to improve performance, creative thinking and innovation.
MBAexpress: International Business
Are you considering doing business in a foreign country? Should you?
This course will discuss what you need to consider before you expand your operations into a new country and the steps to starting an international business.
MBAexpress: Masterful Marketing
You have developed a strong technical expertise but what about those skills necessary to grow and expand your business? This module will discuss various methods of lead generation, investing in your people, the importance of branding, and the use of social media.
MBAexpress: Risk Management
What is risk? Do you know if your organization is risk averse or risk aggressive? This course will define risk management and discuss the types of risk and risk management processes.
MBAexpress: Strategy for Success
Does your firm or organization know why it does what it does? Do you have a mission statement? This course will help you identify the importance of why an organization should know its “Why,” how to use backcasting as a strategic planning tool and understand the most important thing about a mission statement.