This webcast focuses on an overview of securing cryptocurrency. It covers wallets that are the fundamental security concept for cryptocurrencies and the most important aspect of this new technology for accountants and auditors to understand. We will dive into the relationship that exists between physical and digital security. In addition, you will learn the importance of password managers, which are web-based tools for storing and encrypting data.
When you complete this webcast, you will be able to:
• Recall the importance of cryptocurrency security for accountants and auditors.
• Identify the security attributes of the various wallet types.
• Recognize the distinction between physical security and digital security.
• Recall the benefits and features of multi-sig wallets.
• Identify the ways two-factor authentication (2FA) and password managers are used for cryptocurrency security.
• Security of cryptocurrency
• Security attributes of wallets
• Differences between physical and digital security
• Multi-sig wallets
• Authentication and password managers