Understand how the lease standard addresses reassessment, termination, and impairment. Become familiar with Excel templates to ease the transition to capitalization. Learn how to separate lease and non-lease elements in contracts. Hear how lessor accounting is affected by the revenue recognition standard. Learn practical strategies to deal with related-party, informal leasing arrangements. Appreciate the independence challenges for CPAs in lease implementation. Preview the transition and disclosure implications of the new standard.
Please note – materials for this event will be provided electronically ONLY. Please feel free to bring your own device to view the materials. We recommend that you download them prior to the event date rather than onsite.
- Lessons learned from public company adoption
- Lease accounting templates such as FASB’s display approach
- Implementation issues: software versus spreadsheets
- Accounting for services in lease contracts
- Lessor accounting – Limited changes?
- Renewal, termination, impairment, and other lease-specific issues
- Transitioning from existing lease accounting and easing the implementation burden
- Independence challenges in implementing the lease standard
- Cash and tax basis – When is it a better approach?
- Income tax consequences of the lease standard
Maryland Association of CPAs
Professional Area of Focus
Dec 1, 2022
8:00 am - 11:30 am EDT
MACPA Towson Center
901 Dulaney Valley Rd
Towson, MD 21204 US
In-Person + Live Stream
Register for this Event
Bill & Ray’s Guide to Navigating Lease Complexities