Apply your knowledge of the AICPA’s Peer Reviewer program to a practical application case study. This webcast features realistic case studies that encompass the most important elements of a system review, as well as several case studies pertaining to an engagement review.
As a current or future team and/or review captain, you learn to successfully plan for, perform, and report on both system and engagement reviews. You are also introduced to the administrative and committee roles in the Peer Review Program.
Participants MUST attend all three sessions to fulfill the initial training requirement to perform peer reviews. Materials will be sent via email at least one week prior to the webcast. Please allow up to two weeks to receive your CPE certificate via email, if you meet the attendance check requirements.
Please note the dates and times in the agenda below:
Oct 31: 12pm – 3pm EDT | Part 1: Pre-acceptance & Planning considerations
Nov 02: 12pm – 4pm EDT | Part 2: Peer review risk assessment & Testing
Nov 04: 12pm – 3pm EDT | Part 3: Evaluating matters & Reporting
Upon completion of this course, you should learn how to:
• Analyze the process of how to effectively plan system and engagement peer reviews.
• Identify steps needed to understand a firm’s system of quality control.
• Identify procedures used in testing the firm’s system.
• Choose recommendations for follow-up action to the administrating entity.
• Identify the impact and effect that organizational issues have on a firm’s system of quality control.
This course uses an application-based case study approach to cover the following topics:
• Pre-acceptance considerations
• Planning considerations
• Evaluation of a firm’s system of quality control
• Risk assessment
• Engagement selection
• Interviewing managing partners, CEOs, and staff
• Completing a Matter for Further Consideration Form
• Evaluation of noncompliance with Professional Standards
• Writing peer review reports
• Individuals who wish to serve as peer review team captains and review captains
• Individuals that have completed the AICPA’s “Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Program Overview” online course
Completion of the AICPA’s “Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Program Overview” online course (PRTCO)
Update your browser to view this website correctly.