This course provides a practical overview of the most important issues facing most companies and their accountants. The focus is on explaining the basis behind major issues and trends in plain language, enabling professionals to understand the most important aspects of relevant standards and why any planned or potential changes are coming down the pike.
Please note – materials for this event will be provided electronically ONLY. Please feel free to bring your own device to view the materials. We recommend that you download them prior to the event date rather than onsite.
• Review recently issued accounting and non-audit attestation pronouncements, including PCC activities
• Understand the latest SSARSs requirements
• Be aware of other important guidance affecting small and medium-sized business practitioners
• Small and medium-sized business-related ASUs, including recent PCC activities
• Revenue recognition and leases update
• Considerations for special purpose frameworks — Cash, modified cash, and tax basis
• New SSARSs requirements related to preparation of financial statements, compilations, and reviews
• Other types of small and medium-sized business attest engagements, such as agreed-upon procedures engagements
Practitioners at all levels who provide non-audit and non-attest services to small and medium-sized businesses desiring to remain up-to-date on recent pronouncements and other standard setters’ activities and professional guidance
Experience in accounting and auditing