Join us for a complimentary series of TED talks that will kick off our 2021 Virtual Retreat this year! Our Future Ready Learning labs are led by those leading the exponential trends shift. Whether you want to learn more or are actively pursuing technology or business changes, this session is sure to be a great resource.
Featured Presentations by:
- Avalara presents Sales Tax Changes in 2021 with Scott Peterson, Vice President of U.S. Tax Policy and Government Relations
- The business world encountered a myriad of sales and use tax changes throughout 2020. But with all the changes, one thing remains the same: the expectation, on the part of state and local jurisdictions, that businesses will stay on top of — and compliant with — relevant changes to sales and use tax regulations.In 2021, businesses must prepare now for potentially more sales tax changes in the new year. Join this session to make sure you’re up-to-speed on recent sales and use tax changes. We’ll cover: the impact of COVID-19 in 2020 and its influence on 2021, why understanding economic nexus and its triggers is more important now than ever, new tax obligations resulting from increased marketplace sales
- Engineered Tax Services
- MindBridge presents AI in Risk Discovery, and the Future the CPA with John Colthart, SVP, Sales
- Risk Discovery and management are not only for the finance, audit, and accounting profession to handle. Boards, shareholders, stakeholders, and investors are increasingly seeking engagement and understanding. To deliver on this, CPAs need to be armed not only with innovative technologies, but the crucial time to spend on the ‘people and process’ side of using and implementing those technologies. AI, RPA, and other risk discovery automation in audit and continuous monitoring is vital to the future of the CPA. But, what does that future hold? Join JC, Shaye and Nick in a fast paced look at AI, RPA and other automation we need for our future Risk Discovery.
- ADP presents Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Build Exceptional Companies with Laura Jansen, Mid-Market Sales Executive
- There are more than 7.8 billion people in the world, and in a globalized economy, the data shows that companies who are more ethnically and gender-diverse outperform their peers. Diverse teams with wider perspectives add to a company’s competitiveness, cultivate better innovation and help retain and engage top talent. Tune into Laura’s Learning Lab as she shares hard data on the benefits of a diverse workforce, how to develop a comprehensive D&I strategy and how ADP can help uncover your organizations’ current diversity insights to create an effective action plan.
- CPA.com presents Leading Technology-Enabled Change in Your Firm with Mark Szczepanski – Technical Consultant
- In the accounting profession, disruptive technological change is not on the way – it’s already here, with even more to come. As these capabilities advance further and the marketplace evolves, leveraging technology to effectively drive competitive advantage requires a combination of planning, clearly defined business objectives, and strong change management capabilities. In this session, we will discuss the essential elements that contribute to successful change initiatives, including the people and processes impacted. Join us to learn how you can successfully navigate and drive change to achieve your future vision.
- Intuit presents Navigating the Next 12 Months: Reflections From the COVID World to Guide us into the Future with Jasen Stine, Tax & Accounting Education Leader
The one thing you can always count on in life is that it will constantly change. The last year proved that! Looking ahead, identifying trends early will be important to help clients recover and create enduring success. Jasen Stine, Intuit’s Tax and Accounting Education Leader, will share some of these trends and how to navigate them in the coming year.
- AccountantsWorld presents Automation: The Game-Changer in Offering Payroll Services with Div Bhansali, Vice President
- At AccountantsWorld, our professional payroll software, Payroll Relief, has given thousands of accountants the processing power they need to make payroll both profitable and painless. Based upon our experience and listening to those success stories, one common theme emerges: the most successful payroll processors are those that maximize the impact of automation in their practice.In this Learning Lab session, we will show you:
* the economics of why automation can transform your payroll service’s bottom line, as it’s done for thousands of your peers
* five strategies you can employ within 180 days to create a more automated payroll service
* why staff members and clients will appreciate greater automation as much as you doIf you’re committed to building a scalable and profitable payroll practice, don’t miss this exclusive session.
- CPACharge presents How Technology Can Help You Deliver an Exceptional Client Experience with Erika Sega, Associate Brand Manager
- In this TedTalk-style presentation, Erika Segal, Associate Brand Manager for CPACharge, discusses how technology continues to reshape the way professional accounting firms like yours conduct business, and why a modern payment technology is crucial to providing an exceptional client experience today. She’ll look at how client expectations are shifting and explore the ways online payments help you streamline your workflow—and boost your cash flow.
- Prophix presents Finance as a Strategic Asset: How Finance Leaders are Earning their Place at the Strategy Table with Wayne Slater, Director of Product Marketing and Kasia Baniak, Product Marketing Specialist
- If there is one thing we learned from last year, is it time for Finance to redefine what they do and how they do it. Transforming the Finance function goes deeper than upgrading technology. It’s using that technology to fundamentally change the role of Finance — from reactive to proactive, reporting to predicting, observing to advising. Taking on this new role, however, requires Finance professionals to develop new capabilities, embrace new technology and shift into a new role: being a strategic partner in their organization. Join us for an informative session about the shifting priorities of future-ready Finance professionals and how innovative technology like Corporate Performance Management (CPM) can take your FP&A to the next level.
You can also find out more information about our 2021 MACPA Beach Retreat by clicking here to register for all the programs at one time.
- Tax/Sales Tax
- AI Auditing
- Data Analytics
- Practice Suites
- Digital Payment
Maryland Association of CPAs
Professional Area of Focus
Register for this Event
Beach Retreat: Future Ready Learning Labs Day Two